Okay, I fixed the head bug thing. Thanks for all repports, I'm fixing everything.
Pre-Release test version.
- Fixed the old "Emo Monsters" bug, that caused many enemies to commit suicide when firing at a high target, by shooting their own heads.
- Replaced the alternate Zombieman Fatality, plus, added alternate fatalities for Imp and ShotgunGuy.
- Improved smoke and explosion particles.
- Now, Rocket Launcher will reload every 6 shoots.
- Shotgun reload can be stoped by kicking.
- All bugs concerning the Fatalities have been fixed. I have tested all of them, with different ammounts of health, and all of them are working properly, and 3rd person camera stuck bug doesnt happens anymore. The only problem is, when you perform a fatality on health under 30, sometimes there is a small delay for the fatality to start, This seems to be unfixable at this momment, but even late, it never fails.
- Changed the Spectre's appearence: Now, he looks like a stealth monster, but not totally invisible; you can still see his eyes when he is not attacking/getting hit.
- Reduced the volume of splash and torch fire sounds.
- Revenants' alt combo attack will not cause splash damage anymore. (It was overpower, and often causing them to commit suicide)
- New boss balance: Cyberdemons can be killed by 18 direct rocket hits in it's breast/head, and Spider Mastermind can be killed by 16 rockets at it's brain, but shooting a Spider Mastermind's chasis is useless now, it will deal insignificant damage with any weapon (exept BFG).
- Fixed a bug that could make ceiling bloodspots get stuck in middle air if spawned under a moving ceiling.
- Added more animation sequences for the fatality on Mancubus.
- Polished many weapons, including the secret MP40.
- Polished all headshot animations. Now, headshots are looking way more satisfactiable.
- Randomized the HeadOnStick with different heads.
- Now you can shoot the skulls in the pole with skulls, but unlike Beautiful Doom that has a fix sequence, you can shoot any skull.
- Added body psychs (sort of it). Kick/punch a dead zombieman corpse to animate it.
- Remade the sprites holding the Lost Soul using the Blood Skullstaff sprites. Also, if you change weapons while holding a it, Doomguy will smash the Lost Soul with his hand.
- Imps are more agressive. Now they will jump to attack players with more brutality when they are in the melee range. Imps can also now perform fatalities on players/Marines when hitting the whole melee combo attack.
- Replaced Invisibility Sphere by rescuable Marines. To rescue a marine, just punch/kick him, and he will join you. Warning: When enemies spots you, they will imediatly attemp to execute any nearby captured marine before you can rescue him.
I have tryed everything to make this item more useful, but I failed. I think this is a better addition to gameplay than a dumb item that makes enemies spread their projectile attacks increasing the chance of hitting you if you are sidestrafing them. Also, the spheres were placed in spots that now will create some interesting situations, almost cutscenes, like in E1m7 on UV, you look through the window, and see a bunch of shootgunners executing a Marine. Or Like in E2M5, there is a captured marine that triggers an ambush if you try to get him, like if the hellspawn let the poor bastard live just to use him to get you.
I still have some stuff to do, but I think I will release 0.10 tomorrow. I just need to make fatalities for Hell Knight and Arachnotron.
Also, I need to find a sound effect for the captured marine screaming "HELP!!!". Anybody knows a good one?
If anybody notice ANY bug, please, repport it.
@ProcessingControl: Making blood foot prints would require lots of work to detect if the player has steped into a pool of blood, and that could fuck up things online.
@Haematobic: This Chainsaw bug only happens if you are too close of the target. I still didn't found out how to fix it without having to sacrifice the blood on screen and on chainsaw features, but in most cases it doesnt draws your health, unless you are too close, like, if you are chainsawing a corpse.
About seeing spectres with LAV, thats just something I don't know how to do =/