Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
General Rainbow Bacon

Alpha Paradox v1.0 (Beta Release) Need More Playtesters

DoomHero85 said:

Yeah, it looks better now. Only thing I'm gonna change are the blood pools. Try to remember I want this to be true to e1 so no large bloody areas until maybe e1m7/8

Heh, yeah, I put the blood pools there coz they looked good with the red lights on the walls there. But you are right.

Here is an updated version with a few changes that I missed the first time around.
Changes made:
-Sector 113 (The exit door) had a sky texture for a ceiling, which didn't look so good, so changed it to CEIL3_3
-Changed light levels of sectors 208 and 209 to 176 so that the midtexture on linedef 954 doesn't extend infinitely into the ground.
-made a couple of slight changes to the exit room.
-Changed the blood pools at sectors 12 and 13 to a plain red floor, which hopefully you like. Feel free to still change if you don't. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?1coceoa4o5docaq

[edit] also, having only just played through this map, (which is how I noticed a few of the things I fixed up in the above version), it really is a great map, gameplay and level design are just really original and fun. Good, simple Doomy goodness.

Hey, thanks Kyka. I think I'm gonna make E2 as well now that I think about it. And that E3 thing I was doing a while back, I may tack on and complete the megawad :-) I still have a lot of maps to do for it though. Anyway, I'll have some screens of e1m6 probably later today.

I've already finished up level 5. Gameplay was great! Minor errors with textures misaligned, but anyway, please continue!!! :)

After a two-week hiatus, I'm back on track. First post is updated with e1m6. It's a monster, get ready for one of the hardest doom 1 maps ever.

E: Oh yeah. Feedback is appreciated as always.

DoomHero85 said:

@Naitguolf: Did you play e1m5, or e1m4 (which is actually level 5)? E1m5 (level 6) is also done if you want to play it.

I've played five levels. :) Now seems e1m6 is ready i will play it too ^^

Here's the final update before the release.

e1m1 : Complete
e1m2 : complete
e1m3 : Complete
e1m4 : Complete
e1m5 : Complete
e1m6 : Complete
e1m7 : 90%
e1m8 : Not started (will be relatively short though so i'll have it done quickly)
e1m9 : Complete

I hope to finish this by the weekend so you all have an episode to play.

@Kyka: I'm gonna release this as soon as it's done, if you still want to do detailing you can and i'll just update the release later.

It is finished. I would like anyone to play through all the levels and let me know about any last minute bugs.

EDIT 2: Okay so mediafire seems to be on the fritz right now, so just PM me your email's if you want to playtest. Hopefully, this will get sorted out soon and i can put back the mediafire link.

EDIT 3: I decided on a name for this thing finally and put it back on mediafire. Hope it works this time.

I will mention these ones for now ...

E1M3 ...

1. If player picks up the rocket at sector 39 BEFORE sector 204 has opened, the player is trapped. easily fixed by having linetype 38 and tag # 11 on lines 381, 380, 379 and 378.

2. Even though there is already line 1304 moving vaious sectors, there needs to be the same at line 1635, since the player can reach sectors 152/154 from sector 8.

E1M9 ...

Nasty skywall occlusions noticed when walking between sectors 160 and 80. Caused by vastly different ceiling heights between those sectors.

E1M4 - T574, T575 and T576 at sector 204 are suck in each other.

Some more ...

E1M5 ...

1. Sector 3, 50, 128 and 133 should do damage.
2. Sector 7, when the player starts the level, would look better with a lower floor height than adjoining sector 8.
3. IMO it would have looked better to just see one switch on line 401. Same for line 857.
4. Texture on line 668 could do with a Y alignment - or was it intentional as is ?
5. Since this level has a lot of strobing areas, maybe some more light amp goggles wouldn't go astray.
6. Lines 801 and 803 could use a Y alignment.
7. Was the increased light level at sectors 115, 116 and 117 due to the lamps ? If so lines 745 and 747 need some lamps.
8. Line 850 could do with a Y alignment.
9. Remove X offset for line 635.
10. 100% secrets not possible. Secret flag at sector 114 should be removed.

DoomHero85 said:

Thanks hawkwind. I'll fix those, some of them were intentional as you mentioned though.

No problem.

And finally ...

E1M1 ...

Lines 303 and 305 can have the tag number removed - DR.

E1M2 ...

Lines 309,303,850,852,914 and 916 can have their tag numbers removed - DR.

E1M3 ...

Lines 835 and 838 can have the tag number removed - DR.

E1M4 ...

100% kills not possible. No teleport things at sectors 234 and 0. Corresponds to lines 1874 and 1061 respectively.

E1M6 ...

1. Crushing sector 326 could do with a bit of rework IMO.
2. Wrong floor flat for sectors 256 and 254 - should be cratop1.
3. Wrong Y offset for line 1216, 1715 and 1457 - cannot see switches !
4. Missing lower texture on line 256.
5. Gun switch at line 2585 cannot be seen or shot at. As a consequence 100% secrets not possible. An easy fix would be to lower the floor height of sector 211.

E1M7 ...

1. Lines 632, 634 etc would look better with lower unpegged flag - crusher. ?
2. Not a good look seeing both switches on line 301.
3. Missing upper texture on line 1795 - HOM.

E1M8 ...

1. Might need to delete lines 478 and 469.
2. Sector 27 should have a floor height of 1144 .
3. One sided line 250 needs a mid texture - sksnake2.
4. Blood does damage at sector 37 but not elsewhere in map.
5. Line 439 needs to be lower unpegged or just merge vertices 378 and 515.

... done... thanks for this.