Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skillsaw

Vanguard.wad - now on idgames!

I play through the next couple of maps with a lot of inner rage!!! Thx for the berserk map btw, it felt GOOD :D

This time with a lot less stupid puns ;)

Well it certainly started kicking my butt in the later levels, but yeah this was a really good wad, great job!

I don't play too much these days so i just watch BlueEagle's LP (very entertaining by the way!) and i have to say, i really, and i mean REALLY like the visuals of the second episode. A very cool realistic feeling in map07 somehow, and the first outdoor area of map08 is really awesome!

This was simply exquisite. Slaughtermaps never felt unfair and the lower-key levels were meticulously detailed and a joy to experience. Thank you for releasing such a delectable WAD! I'd have to say the overall experience of Infernal Chasm was my favorite but they were all great. I even enjoyed Punchline, I've never taken the opportunity to play a map Tyson-style or simply as Tyson and this was a welcome departure from the norm.

Here's a new part of me playing Vanguard. This time it's map09. Are the other maps pure slaughter? Because I saw the monster count on map 10 and it was like 800 ;)

10 and 12 are pure slaughter, 11 is borderline to start but I'd still call it a slaughter map.

Thanks BlueEagle, these have been a lot of fun to watch so far.

Okay, I played through map10 and it was quite a teethgrind. Is that a proper saying? I don't know. It was still kind of a cool map, but I just don't like those arena slaughter style maps that much. I like it better if there is some context to the map like in Painkiller, where you go through awesome structures like an asylum while you slaughter stuff left to right.

At least I get 99% kills ^^

I've been living under a rock for the past few months and so have only just go round to playing this. I'm currently on map 10 I think, having just completed free parking and I have to say that its amazing. The visuals are great and strongly reminiscent of scythe 2 and simplicity, the gameplay is fun but not so tough that I keep dying (playing on HMP) and the levels are just the right length, long enough to provide a solid, entertaining experience but short enough so that I don't get bored and give up halfway through. If only there were more maps!

BlueEagle said:

map10 yt

haha, i liked your reaction to the invis secret

I'm glad you're enjoying it Foodles!

I'm not at all suprised that you're seeing Simplicity influence; when I started mapping for Doom again in 2007 Ultimate Simplicity was easily the biggest influence to me visually. I still have some unreleased maps laying around from that period that resemble Simplicity quite a bit!

BlueEagle: "Yay I have every key yaaaaay I'm outta here!" (silence) That was funny.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Okay yeah I just played this mod and it's fucking amazing ok