Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gggmork

yo, I made a new map, g

Its for boom, word up:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y3NS5FPD

Version 2 is the REAL MAP! Don't be tricked by that imposter, version 1 above! (but memfis' fda uses v1):
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5MO5USAP

Sorry, I used megaupload so I hope you like your javascript requiring web 2.0s and big pictures of kings with their finger pointing up (probably because he just stuck it in someone's ass. Hmm, then the cigar on the left guy is kind of phallic as well. And a girl in the middle of both with her hair being blown back orgasmically. I think all that is to destract you from the fact that the stars next to all the nonsensical words are really asterisks, leading to fine print written in white on white in size 0 font, probably mentioning that by uploading a file you agree to give your body, mind, soul and all children to megaupload.

Oh yeah, I think I was talking about a map. I only iddqd tested so far but it seems beatable.

Try sendspace.com if you don't want to deal with javascript/flash. There's a couple others like that too, but I don't remember their hostnames.

In the case of megaupload, it looks like you can actually download with any browser, because the direct link is embedded in the page source. For me, it showed up as this:
http://www521.megaupload.com/files/0390bcbdc3c01410a6fa3089967d3412/impse.wad
So it looks like even Richard Stallman can download your wad (he uses only wget to browse WWW, right?), but he can't play it until Freedoom is kosher'd by Debian team. So that gives you some time to fix the gameplay a little bit. You might want to add some more enemies or traps or something to make it harder. Right now it's a cakewalk, no challenge at all! I managed to survive for at least 15 seconds. ;)

Ha ha, carefully kill all monsters before hitting any switches on first couple of tries... try to hit the switch fast w/o killing all monsters and dying on next 30 tries... revert back to carefully killing all monsters before hitting the switch on the last couple tries.

Yeah, a blue armor seems needed at start. (the map needs to be tweaked/not final version).

I'm thinking about making all the cyber/vile attacks be timed in sequence, rather than hitting a switch for each. Because that would remove the option of killing 1 horde at a time (and when everyone is dead, killing 2 viles and a cyber might be kinda boring and easy when u have the ssg and bfg (relative to chaotic enemies everywhere). Automated timing would also would remove the kinda annoying remembering of which column to flip the switch in next.

Maybe I should put a few extra bfgs in the very last column so at the end you don't have to tediously ssg any cybers. Still have to move the ssg and bfg because you can grab them through the wall. Maybe have mancubuses/mancubi/mancubeese warp in since there aren't any, and chaotic monster variation is what makes it fun.

I trolled megaupload because I just felt like complaining about something. j4rio or someone said sendspace doesn't work for them.

Quick reactions: I'm finding it hard to get a foothold, since there's less space, and chaingunners overlooking me everywhere, but the layout looks great. It's interesting to see you bring more aesthetics to this style, as well. I look forward to getting into this map later, when I have more time.

• it's too pretty you fuckin sellout
  • i can't load the wad without unzipping my pants out of habit why you name it that
  • woohoo god mode, also "summonfriend marineplasma"

My first two attempts lasted ten seconds each, my third I got up 160 kills, then I died a few times new start, my seventh attempt I got to 200 kill but then my cat jumped up on the table and distracted me while a rocket smashed me to pieces. :)

Moral of the story is don't get cats!

almost beat it, i got burned by an archvile that snuck up on me though

Yeh some armor at the start would do, rest is fine.

gggmork said:
I trolled megaupload because I just felt like complaining about something. j4rio or someone said sendspace doesn't work for them. [/B]

So now I don't have to complain about something. <3

Version 2:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5MO5USAP
All I did was add a start blue armor, and make the ssg and bfg ungrabable through the wall. Still havn't playtested much, all well.

Here's a screenshot starring all your favorite megaupload characters:

There's still some glitches such as enemies sometimes standing on your gun.

The 'aesthetics' are just due to copy/paste technologyâ„¢. The secret is to make a huge bounding box, then compose something smallish/interesting looking inside it using only 2 sided linedefs. Make sure all sides of those linedefs are textured as you want. Then copy/paste, rotate/flip whatever and raise all floors/ceilings of a paste to whatever height BEFORE you attach it to anything. That'll make it so the lines that get attached are textured correctly when they get attached.
So basically I only made a small part, then copy/pasted it into a big conglomerate, as a lazy way to save time, which is probably obvious.

doing that screenie must have take longer than updating actual map

Awesome, oh yeah no viles as pacifist. I've been trying a faster uvmax but getting my ass kicked.

'Floyd Mayweather approach to doom'
Cuz of the berzerk or cuz its hard or cuz it KICKS ASS!!! ?