Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Plutonia Revisited Community Project: Released!

Should this project go ahead?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Should this project go ahead?

• Yes
    • No

K!r4 said:

Can I have a slot on episode 2 please? I would like to create something in the spirit of plutonia map 12 / pl2 map 15, but more... much more violent and acrobatic :).

Heh I would like to do something like that too :-) I will start building the map next weekend.

The first version of the resource wad is here! "prcpres1.wad"

Resource wad with:
* titlepic, intermission screen, logo, placeholder help and endscreen.
* my textures from Plutonia 2 (and a few more)
* font graphics

@ Joshy: Please post it in the first post of this thread so people can easily find it.

@ Esselfortium:
high res. version of the wall texture you asked for :-)

Thanks t.v. :-). Opening post updated. Rule changed: You can use both plutonia stock textures and additional textures from here: EDIT: Link removed, see first post.

One important thing to note that several particular plutonia textures are different when t.v's texture pack is used (particular textures are renamed) so it is important you use the texture pack anyway when you map.

I also note that the doom2 stock skies replace the plutonia skies somehow? (this won't be the final result, rest assured)

Gusta said:

Heh I would like to do something like that too :-) I will start building the map next weekend.

It is even better if there are two maps like this IMO :D.

Alright then. I would contribute to map making, but haven't done it in a while so I'll just test any level you would like for me to test.

This looks like its going to be another great project with classic style Plutonia playing! I will post another reply when ever I am able to. Hell I might be able to make a map after all.

No guarantees though.

t.v. said:

The first version of the resource wad is here! "prcpres1.wad"

I download it(not once but 3 times) but I can't open the compress file because windows says its invalid :(

Edit: got it now so never mind -_-;

Joshy said:

No, I won't accept that. You will guarantee that you will finish the map! :P Looks really nice too!

Heh. I'd actually love to finish it, as it would be a shame to let what's currently done go to waste, but upon further testing it seems that a few rooms (such as the large central area in shot 2, which plays a vital part in the map's layout) kinda shit all over the segs limit. I'm not sure if I can get it down within the limits while keeping the overall layout in tact.

Philnemba said:

I download it(not once but 3 times) but I can't open the compress file because windows says its invalid :(

It's fine here.

Oh, is it alright if I test those maps out? I'll test out the maps from start to finish to see what bugs in them I can find.

Those screenshots are looking good, Hespheros, but consider darkening areas not near light sources to give it some better light contrast. Play with light levels a little, and you'll be surprised how much ambiance and mood a little light contrast can do.

Right, I've got a good day for mapping today, so sign me up:

I'll go for Episode 2, so difficulty isn't too much of an issue (never mapped specifically for/like Plutonia before). I reckon I'll be done within a week, although I'd want to do tests with my brother to make sure it works in all game modes, so within two weeks for sure. I'll have to leave compatability checking up to the testing team I'm afraid, although it shouldn't be too difficult to get vanilla right.

Music won't be supplied - if anybody wants to make a track for it, feel free - if not, we'll pick an appropriate stock one when we're finished (testers suggestions welcome) - I'll think of a map name when I'm done (or if it comes to me in a flash of inspiration).

Sure, I'll make a track for it! Anyone else want me to do one for theirs?

Thanks - although I imagine it'd be best for you to start when you have the map, so you can see what would be appropriate. (I have no idea about making music btw)

Dangit, stewboy! I'm the musician here! >:(
lol kidding, I'm having problems with my music program anyway :P

My map is listed in the first post as with no music, but i like the map05 music, so please can we avoid to change this music?

thnk.

Lorenzo

Just got a job - add an extra week on to the projected map completion time ,as when I am working it keeps me busy from 5.30am until about 7pm (factoring in getting up and dinner when I get back), leaving me quite worn out.

Lorenzo said:

My map is listed in the first post as with no music, but i like the map05 music, so please can we avoid to change this music?

thnk.

Lorenzo

No worries, your map is currently hypothetically placed in the map05 slot so won't need music pretty much but I'll make sure it has the right music if it won't occupy map05.

@Hespheros: Looks great! My only qualm is the green tile texture next to the waterfall, it looks like when you were retexturing you might've forgotten to replace the green tiles with the waterfall textures. It's just a personal pet peeve of mine though, but keep it up! :-)

And no worries Phobus, take your time.

Joshy said:

No worries, your map is currently hypothetically placed in the map05 slot so won't need music pretty much but I'll make sure it has the right music if it won't occupy map05.

thank you!

So Joshy, do I have a feeling that the last episode will have at least one slaughtermap like Plutonia 2 did aside from map32? (Map29, in particular)

gun_psycho said:

So Joshy, do I have a feeling that the last episode will have at least one slaughtermap like Plutonia 2 did aside from map32? (Map29, in particular)

Always a possibility. My intention is to make two more maps for ep3; one being quiet and the other potentially an idea for map32. The best answer I can say is wait and see :-)

Made some more progress on my contribution. Mapping is not complete, but here is an idea of the layout:

I tried to use Plutonia's non-linear, "everything connected" motif to influence the design, and I think it has worked out pretty well so far.

Mista_T said:

Made some more progress on my contribution. Mapping is not complete, but here is an idea of the layout:

Layout looks good so far Mista_T.

Anyway I'll be posting some more pics possible this weekend of my map when I have time(work of it has been slow due to getting a new job).

Just to tell you I'm not inactive : had time to work my map last week. I'm not that pleased how the map is. I will work on it once more this week-end, but if it definitely don't please me, I make something new in the same slot and theme.

Oh dear, what is this?

I suppose I may as well finish the darn thing now that I've broken down and started it, if there's any room left for this nut. :P

An Episode 2 spot would be preferable, as I'm using Map18 as my stylistic reference (though hard to see in this shot since I haven't done any of the smaller rooms or finer details yet). I'll either make or provide (Doom-y) music for it, so no worries there.

Screenshot taken with Eternity, but it's being tested with Chocolate so no worries there. The sky is technically fake here, but that's because I'm too lazy to put it in the right slot yet. :P

[EDIT] Hmm, there's a problem with the resource wad: the TEXTURE1 lump is based on Doom 2's, not Plutonia's, so it's incompatible with Plutonia's extra textures (leading to some fun crashes with Chocolate). I'd provide a fix myself but I can't get SLumpEd not to crash when editing TEXTUREx lumps (though if all the texture names are identical to the patch names, a copy/paste/quick-add would do in a pinch -- I'll take a look here in a bit).

[EDIT-EDIT] Never mind, I managed to fix it anyway. Here's a link to a fixed build:
http://ionline.vectec.net/hosted/prcp02.zip

Feel free to update the first post with the link, if it helps.

[EDIT-EDIT-EDIT] Hey, what the hell! This isn't a real edit! I made it at the same time as the previous EDIT-EDIT. Word.