Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Blastfrog

Polished Alpha Weapons

For a project of mine, I'm using the Doom alpha weapons, but I have updated them to be better looking.

Credits:
The Bayonet was done by Cage, but I made further modifications to it
The Rifle was done by me, but I used Mike12's alpha muzzle flash
The shotgun was done by me, mixing the alpha shotgun with the press release beta shotgun.

Download is here: http://files.drdteam.org/index.php/files/get/OZxJuWWj6P/euweap.zip

Just curious, what do you guys think of them?

I like them, they're of reasonable quality. The only problem is I can't readily compare them to the stock alpha sprites, maybe you could post a side by side comparison or even just detailing what you changed? In any case I'm a sucker for alpha/beta content so I'm glad to see stuff like this being released :]

Well, the rifle is no different except for the fact that I animated it, and for the shotgun I just stuck the alpha's end on the press release beta shotgun.

Sodaholic said:

Well, the rifle is no different except for the fact that I animated it, and for the shotgun I just stuck the alpha's end on the press release beta shotgun.

The shotgun seems kinda weird. I liked the rifle, although the pistol sound seemed awkward with it.

It's interesting. The Rifle feels awkward with the default pistol shot sound and the shotty looks funny with the rounded ending when idle. Bayonet is an interesting idea, but I favor fists over it.