Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Epyo

Can't remember the name of a wad...

Really in the mood to play it. It's very old, probably pre-2003, and it was vanilla compatible. It's an episode 1 replacement that is supposed to be similar in style to the original levels...but then again I remember it having a mancubus, so maybe it was actually replaced Doom 2 but was in the Doom 1 style. E1M8 was set in the sky with very few walls, and had a monsters-teleporting-in event. The secret level was in a big rectangular building. It was definitely 8 levels + 1 secret level. I feel like the title was something like Doom resurrection or return to phobos or something like that, and I remember getting it confused with the Zdoom wad doom resurrection which I also liked a lot at the time.

Anyone have a clue?

Yeah that's it! Great, thank you. Very excited to play this now. Haha, funnily enough, I wrote a comment on there probably 5 years ago:

"I forgot all about this one, but it's definitely one of my favorites. Glad I found it again. -Epyo"

EDIT: Playing now, it's even better than I remember. Music is wretched though.

Dude, this post just made my night. If it wasn't for the date on the file, I wouldn't have believed it is from 1996! Simply amazing! Went through it in one play, with choco-doom. I'll definetly play again and try to max out all the levels.

Thanks!

I know, it's amazing? Did you solve the second level? I was wandering around for like ten minutes, think it's broken in Zdoom. I remember it being broken years ago too

Hey, I remember playing this! It kicks ass!

I just went through all of MAP02 in SDL Doom, and didn't find any bug. The blue key is hidden in one of those dark areas... Once you find that, the other keys are easy to get.

His other wads are also great (doomcity, slugfest, torment).