Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

Voodoo Guns by Eternal [released]

Amazing video! I'll wait for the complete WAD.

However, it doesn't seems Boom-compatible. No problem, I always play with GZDoom. :3

Katamori said:

However, it doesn't seems Boom-compatible. No problem, I always play with GZDoom. :3

I didn't see anything you couldn't do with Boom linedef specials and the kind of eye-popping trickery I've come to expect from Eternal's wads.

I assume the moving train coming to a halt is a clever use of displacement scrollers, for example. Swinging doors are a long-solved problem, wads as far back as Dystopia3 had swinging doors as I recall. I'm more curious about the sliding doors but again I imagine it's some combination of displacement scrollers and moving invisible walls around. (Sometimes half the fun of an Eternal wad is figuring out how he's got them to work :-) )

I like it how he slams an entire bottle of whiskey and doesn't even get tipsy.

Is it the Doom guy? Because that would make sense.

Awesome preview. I was just thinking the other day that it was about time for another Eternal masterpiece. According to the OP specs it should also run just fine with Risen3D. Looking forward to this one ...

Ah,another WAD from my favorite mapper. It looks like an interesting new style. When can we expect a release date?

looks great.

i always wondered though why eternal doesn't post his own projects? i believe i've seen him making a few posts on the forums before, but it's always entryway who posts his projects.

This looks really cool :)

There's a couple of super-saturated/Doomy-looking textures in there (like the Doom-blue wall on part of the building after the player gets off the train in the video) that IMO detract from the otherwise very polished setting, though..

Tango said:

i always wondered though why eternal doesn't post his own projects? i believe i've seen him making a few posts on the forums before, but it's always entryway who posts his projects.

i have two theories:
1- if they let eternal near an internet connection, he'd tell us "help! they keep me chained in a basement mapping around the clock!"
2- using the language module was taking too much of eternal's CPU cycles, so they took it out of him to focus on mapping processes.

i love the atmosphere in the vid. alice music, right?

I'm really looking forward to this.

For the life of me I can't figure out how those sliding doors are done...

I love eternal's consistent use of unusual themes and settings.

Looks awesome, giving me a sorta Blood vibe with the train ride, station and the caleb voice, hell maybe it is a Blood related project :P
Guess he's a huge fan of the Alice soundtrack, used it on Hell Ground as well (Which fit the episode like a custom made glove)
At any rate definitely looking forward to it.

tempun said:

Will there be a new PrBoom+ release to play this wad with?

Well, I see in the changelog: "Support for 16 rotations for sprites." Which means that answer to my question is "yes".

dew said:

i have two theories:
1- if they let eternal near an internet connection, he'd tell us "help! they keep me chained in a basement mapping around the clock!"
2- using the language module was taking too much of eternal's CPU cycles, so they took it out of him to focus on mapping processes.

Haha,very funny!

tempun said:

Well, I see in the changelog: "Support for 16 rotations for sprites." Which means that answer to my question is "yes".

No. It was requested, but rejected, because it is incompatible with previous versions of prboom, because of this:

if (frame >= 29 || rotation > 8)
	I_Error("R_InstallSpriteLump: "
		"Bad frame characters in lump %i", lump);
But since I already implemented it (code is taken from zdoom) for testing I think I'll leave it. To be compatible with ports which do not support additional angles, you can put additional sprites into separate PWAD.

entryway said:

But since I already implemented it (code is taken from zdoom) for testing I think I'll leave it. To be compatible with ports which do not support additional angles, you can put additional sprites into separate PWAD.

strange. prboom also doesn't support zdoom nodes, but it's apparently no problem.

MegaDoomer said:

Looks very cool, but needs monsters. Is this a DM wad?

Also should PRBoom+ or some form of (G)ZDoom be able to run this?

entryway said:

Requires support for HiRes textures, MBF code-pointers and MUSINFO lums.

So, the latest versions of GLBoom+, ZDoom and Risen3D should all handle it.