Findings so far ...
1. Note the floor when going from line 4288 to line 4264 looking south. Not on equivalent 64x64 grid. May not be fixable.
2. Some of the barrels in sector 137 and 136 could have been moved a bit.
3. Lines 1674/1490 and 1688/1687 could have had missing lower textures to flood fill sectors 281/327 - or use fake floor/ceiling.
4. Line 1916 would have been better to use linetype 194.
5. Remove action and tag from line 2595 - unnecessary.
6. Remove lower unpegged from lines 2736 and 2291.
7. Some stuck LS's at sector 461.
8. Probably METAL2 should have been used as the uppers for lines 2567/2638 ( see lines 2639/2566 ).
9. Line 4556 probably should have had the texture BIGBRIK2 ( see line 2650 ).
10. I've always thought that sectors 913, 914, 912 and 911 should have had the floor flat FLAT1_1 or FLAT1_2 to match the floor flat at sector 915 ( FLAT1_3).
11. Lines 5978/6283 should be flagged secret, not hidden.
12. Lines 5906/5910 do not need to be lower unpegged.
13. It never did make sense for iD to use the textures on lines 5885/5890 since the flat used at sector 987 is SLIME04 ( this wad ). They should have used NUKAGE1 instead.
14. Could move T2418 a bit as it renders into the wall.
15. Hidden flag could be removed from lines 9174 and 9181.
16. When silent teleporting from line 10851 to line 10863 and looking east, the floor moves. Not on equivalent 64x64 grid. I think this one can be fixed.
17. A small triangular sector could have been attached line 134 and it have a ceiling height of 512, to match sector 155.
18. Sectors 1768, 1657 and 1656 could have had a ceiling height of 512.
19. Line 9995 needs an X alignment of 32 - crate.
20. Check TLITE6_1 at sector 1730. Maybe not fixable?
21. Could have used a mid texture to hide the gap at line 9885.
22. Sectors 1837, 1835 and 1836 could have had a floor/ceiling height of 128/128 to hide the gap.
23. Lines 10613 and 10615 scroll when sectors 1833 and 1834 move. The use of control sectors should fix this. i.e Lines 10613 and 10615 become one sided lines.
Just about to enter "map 14" . I will continue to add to this report.
To be continued ...
24. Note that line 10806 is out of Y alignment after crossing line 10458 for example.
25. Sector would look better with a ceiling height of 248 IMO.
26. Floor "moves" when silent teleporting from line 14444 to line 14466 when looking west.
27. To conform to the flat at sector 2195, flat STEP1 could have been used as the floor of sector 2197.
28. Line 13893 could have had a Y alignment.
29. IMO a different floor flat for sectors 2403 and 2552 would look better.
30. Line 15112 could have the lower unpegged flag removed - it does not scroll.
31. Lines 14865, 15340, 14866 and 15346 probably should have been lower unpegged.
32. Spectres stuck in each other at sector 2567.
33. I've always hated that line 17660 in this wad( referring to the original doom2.wad ) was a GR line. I hated the impact sound when shooting the imps at sectors 2902/2903 from sector 2898. Why not change this to S1 Door open stay ?
34. Lines 17638 and 17639 could have used a Y alignment and sector 2912's floor flat changed to RROCK13.
35. Lines 17947 and 17935 could have had the lower unpegged flag removed to prevent the walls scrolling.
36. IMO, sector would look better with RROCK08 for the floor, and reworked with a control sector to blink like sector 2935.
37. Lines 18190 and 18179 could have been flagged lower unpegged.
38. Lines 18159 and 18158 could use an X offset fix - see vertex 14482.
39. Check to see that the correct walls scroll/not scroll after activation of line 19417.
40. T5440 -teleport sprite - not flagged EASY. On further investigation, This is a Doom2.wad bug too. EASY skill players cannot teleport from sector 73.
41. Line 19001 could use a Y alignment.
42. IMO it would look better if the sector effect was removed for sector 3329.
43. By using control sectors,sector 3299 could glow in sync with sector 3294 - would look much better.
44. Much better if sector had the floor flat MFLR8_4 and and effect 0 and line 20410 used the gen linetype 27816.
... still at "map 20" ... to be continued.
45. The ceiling of sector 3316 could have been lowered a bit. See the upper texture on line 20804.
46. Due to unclosed sectors in iD's original Doom2.wad, sector 3481 was clearly ( IMO ) intended to have a ceiling height of 200 - not 256. It would look better as well.
47. Why not a translucent mid tex on the other side of line 28763 ?
48. Spectres stuck in each other at sector 3837.
49. Was the mid tex at line 22296 intended ?
50. Why not a mid tex on the other side of line 23842 ?
51. The upper textures on lines 25167 to 25170 can be removed.
52. Many lines in the new "monster condo" area could have done with the use of the lower unpegged flag. Lines 25514 and 25515 for example.
53. I would remove the secret from sector 4342 as it is a teleport sector and "nearly" impossible to get credit for. Suggest placing at sector 4339.
54. POTENTIAL SHOWSTOPPER - It is possible to not cross any lines to raise sector 4319 and activate line 25348. After activation of line 2548 and the player ends up at sector 4339, the player is trapped. Suggest placing line action 2 and tag 761 on lines 25648 and 25647 to fix.
55. Another Doom2 bug not fixed - remove the impassible flag from line 25680.
56. The ceiling flat of sector 4406 should have been FLAT5_2.
57. POTENTIAL SHOWSTOPPER - While extremely unlikely, it is possible, especially with modern source ports that don't use infinitely tall actors, to fall into sectors 4530 and be trapped. Suggest also having line type 131 and tag 782 to the lines around those sectors.
58. T10848 renders partly into the wall.
59. Ceiling of sector 4621 would be better with a ceiling height of 576, for mid tex's on lines 27457 and 27456.
60. T8576 hangs off the edge, depending on player position.
61. Suggest moving the action/tag at line 28833 to 28614 OR changing the action to 26793 and give sector 4380 the ceiling flat CEIL5_2.
62. Remove Y offset on lines 17409/17410 i.e. set to 0.
63. Lines 15028 and 15038 could be flagged hidden.
64. Lines 14990 and 14993 could be flagged secret.
65. T221 stuck in wall ?
Quite enjoyable and Doom2.wad is seen in a new light. Managed to get 132 of the 142 secrets. Would have been 133 if not for point 53.
Last edited by hawkwind on Dec 6 2011 at 02:34