Grain of Salt
Who will save us from the lack of art???
* I'd like to see the final maplist first...
* This time I'd like to leave out the author names and just put the map title, because the "doom small" font actually looks dreadful right next to the "doom big" one, and without creating a font specifically for the project (which is what CC and the other big community megawads do) the neatest solution is to only use one font. Is that a problem for anyone?
TITLEPIC and/or INTERPIC
* @Cannonball -- if you're going to make a picture involving sprites, you should design it in doom and take a shot that way. All the other ways of making pictures like this will give you inconsistencies in the lighting/palette and the perspective, which will be instantly obvious to anyone with more than a passing acquaintance with doom.
* What Phml map is that, anyway? I think I've only played Slaughtenstein and Crimson so far this year. Not really been keeping up with Slaughterfest.
* Personally, I vote we shamelessly reuse the titlepic I made last year, since it's reasonably well-presented and it evokes slaughtermap imagery without descending into power metal cheesiness (like the old titlepic candidates by "thespazztikone").
* I did also try a few others last year, including anatomical diagrams of human skulls, pages of goetic symbols, and a couple of shots of quasi-gothic architecture, but they were all rejected by J4rio and Phml. One of these might be worth considering as an interpic or an endpic, I guess?
Status bar and status bar font
* I plan to have a go at another of these. Last year's was pretty awful in retrospect. Too light, lacking texture, dividing lines are missing, too flat, blotchy, font is a weird color... etc, etc, etc. I was planning on making something simpler, but clearer. I have in mind a metallic theme, but it may not turn out like that. I thought I'd mention this in case anyone else was making a status bar, or in case anyone's opposed to it.
"Power Plant"/Total Recall Remix/whatever
I doubt anyone was waiting with baited breath for news of this map, but, even so I do have news -- I made a lot of progress, but I also started redesigning it to fit a different project of mine. So although I've fixed some issues people mentioned (circling, etc) it isn't going to be ready in time, and I probably wouldn't be submitting it to sf anyway. Sorry. Luckily, you guys aren't short of maps. I considered quickly making a new one to submit instead, but I don't really have the time or energy.
In other news, I finally got an actual mouse (I've been playing with a touchpad since sometime in 2008...) and a lot of my old maps now seem kinda easy. If I ever actually finish a map, you guys are in trouble.