Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JCD

[Boom] Survive in Hell - Release #2

Bloodite Krypto said:

Some stuff

Dude what are you even trying to say? Your comments read like a combination of "well if I made this wad I would have..." and complaints of how the wad isn't as hard as it could have been.

Anyways this is awesome JC. Really nice surprise :)

Just finished it. I found it enjoyable and definitely a challenge. I agree that that the Minecraft map should have been a secret and that there seemed to be too many Revenants. Keep up the good work!

Played 5 maps.

Surprisingly awesome so far.

some parts are the same of hr2, map28 remember me a wad survivor from skulltag, map 29 sod, mapa 31 and 32 secret map of iupart 4.

I've finally managed to put my hands on this monster. This resulted in FDA-uv-pack (http://ifolder.ru/30295764). Can't say it's something outstanding and requires immediate attention, but anyway it's more or less good walkthrough with foolish deaths (no too many of them anyway) as well as really lucky parts and, of course, some thrilling moments. What can I say? Well, this was a lot of fun and an interesting time-killer too, though some levels stick to tributism too much (almost like exact copies) while others being short and simplistic, so difficulty and themes here aren't consistent (see for yourself - Minecraft-like map after huge slaughter in hellish surroundings, and this isn't the only example). But I'm not here to criticize, honestly all drawbacks of SiH stand far behind its advantages for me. Really good work, efforts like this one make Doom worth playing despite the passage of time.

In Map 15 the raised bar trap around the red skull is easily avoided, even without strafe running I had enough time to get out of it.

Thank everybody for the feedback !

SiH Release #2 has been released !
http://superjc.free.fr/autre/wads/SihR2.zip

Here are some some of the changes made :

- Bug correction / alignment
- Wad has 33 maps, you have to find which one is the new one =p
- Changed the final boss' sprites
and more ^^

Franckfrag on the ZDaemon community suggested SiH and it got picked for ZDS #245 on May 12th, it will be a good opportunity to try it online

JCD said:

Wad has 33 maps, you have to find which one is the new one =p

It's not hard to guess. Quite a tricky level you've got, that was damn close towards the end. Here's the FDA for this one if you're interested:
http://rghost.ru/37991877 (prboom-plus 2.5.1.3, complevel 9)
And now it seems to be a little bit more consistent, still techy map29 looks terribly out of place in this roaring inferno. Maybe it would be better to swap it with another hellish-looking map from previous episodes.

Katamori said:

Your name is JCD. Probably you are JC Denton from Deus Ex? ;)

Thinking a same thing, heh.

Is this going to be the final version? I want to know because I want to start recording demos :)

Love it since I totally dig the HR1/2 theme maps.

btw maps 28 and 33 have the same name so I think you should fix that.

Thanks!

But not challenging. I have died first time in third level on UV because of not playing carefully.
TOO MUCH AMMO.

Awesome WAD so far! Already at map 3 and it plays good so far :)

Just finished it and this megawad is about perfect. IMHO, quality of levels rises significantly from first to last and there is a lot of slaughter on last levels, I love that.

But I have to repeat that there's too much ammo. It makes SSG almost not needed and at least some levels could be finished by BFGing everyone around.

Anyways, it's a very, very good job! Thank you!

I'm loving this wad! I love wads where you engage in epic fights against TONS of monsters. I'm playing it on hurt me plenty, when I complete it I'll play on ultra violence