Beyond Reality! - Try it today!

i just can't get it to work.does anyone have the same problem?

Share this post


Link to post
BloodyAcid said:

It's fine with zdoom 2.6.0 and up for me.


thanks, i thought my zdoom version was too old.i gotta download a newer one

Share this post


Link to post

I've played it all and it's amazing! Doomguy heads that know cheats, creepy revenant ghosts, swords that are even more annoying than crates (I still don't get how they actually work)... And cool maps too. I wish there would be some extra boss at the end of episode 5.

Some flaws I found:
- shish kebob's hitbox is too short, projectiles are flying through its upper part.
- there are two inescapable pits, one in e1 and one in e4 (map11, I think). Both have liquids but no damage.
- on the first icy level, after you beat the giant imp, you're teleported back after picking up the key. If you go there again, you're stuck in where the key was.
- on the second icy map, the teleport(?) after the first encounter with the sword refused to work.
- on map5 or map6, there is a room with crates textures that are scrolling but not warping. I'm not sure if that was intentional.
- It seems quite nonsense to me that giant imp can easily kill itself with its own flames.
Sorry for quite vague descripcions of some places, I hope that would help anyway.

Share this post


Link to post

Cool wad you got here. I like the first 3 maps the most, but after those maps the maps get really boring until the knee-deep in shores of hell maps. I was expecting a super final boss at the end but it never happened.

Idk why but either it was because i was playing for a few hours and needed a rest or the crate themed and icy themed maps just seemed really boring.

Overall i must say this wad is really good and balanced. It has just the right level of detail and the texturing is great. The new monsters also added something fresh to the table.

I give this wad 10/10 because of the variety of map themes and the unique atmosphere this wad has.

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah, there needs to be a super boss level at the end. The club map is just kind of anticlimactic, even though it is neat.

Share this post


Link to post

Been playing the BRFix version. Is there a reason that the shotgunners only drop 2 shells when the message tells me that I received 4?

Share this post


Link to post
BlackFish said:

Been playing the BRFix version. Is there a reason that the shotgunners only drop 2 shells when the message tells me that I received 4?



Weird, considering I did nothing to the skill levels or the item that it drops. O.o

Share this post


Link to post

@BlackFish: Yes, there is. Items dropped by enemies only give half of their normal ammo (Shotgunners normally drop a shotgun with 4 shells; said shotgun is exactly the same actor as the shotgun a mapper can place in their map).

Share this post


Link to post

I'm on map07 and I just cannot figure out what to do. I just got the blue key but have no way to get to the blue key triangle thing, and everything I can reach is dead. There's one of those morphing things that's stuck in the bottom of the level that I can't reach because I immediately teleport back when I hit the bottom. I missed the blue armor that gets covered by water when it rises, does that trigger something? Or is it that mob I can't kill?

The save, using BRfix.wad http://dropcanvas.com/oi8nd

Share this post


Link to post
ArmouredBlood said:

I'm on map07 and I just cannot figure out what to do. I just got the blue key but have no way to get to the blue key triangle thing, and everything I can reach is dead. There's one of those morphing things that's stuck in the bottom of the level that I can't reach because I immediately teleport back when I hit the bottom. I missed the blue armor that gets covered by water when it rises, does that trigger something? Or is it that mob I can't kill?

The save, using BRfix.wad http://dropcanvas.com/oi8nd


This took me a while to figure out as well, don't worry. :) You know the bit where you fight the 2 Plasma Elementals and get the Rocket Launcher? Walk along the strip between the 2 staircases and you'll get teleported to where you need to go.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks, that's a new one for me, though with how weird the rest of the maps have been it shouldn't have been so bad heheh.

Share this post


Link to post
ArmouredBlood said:

I'm on map07 and I just cannot figure out what to do. I just got the blue key but have no way to get to the blue key triangle thing, and everything I can reach is dead. There's one of those morphing things that's stuck in the bottom of the level that I can't reach because I immediately teleport back when I hit the bottom. I missed the blue armor that gets covered by water when it rises, does that trigger something? Or is it that mob I can't kill?

The save, using BRfix.wad http://dropcanvas.com/oi8nd


i'm on map05, and i had to cheat to get the red key in map04 cause i couldn t understand what to do. i started this new map and i'm stuck again, i'm having a hard time figuring out how to get the yellow key. the wad's awesome but i'm getting more discouraged by the day lol.

Share this post


Link to post

I love this wad. It's a little hard, but I have beat the first and last episodes, interestingly, but I have played all the maps at some time. I will say, this wad gives me some ideas, I hope to see a sequel for this, or maybe just a little expansion.

Share this post


Link to post
yuri04 said:

i'm on map05, and i had to cheat to get the red key in map04 cause i couldn t understand what to do. i started this new map and i'm stuck again, i'm having a hard time figuring out how to get the yellow key. the wad's awesome but i'm getting more discouraged by the day lol.


On map05, you get the yellow key by going on the conveyer belt with all the nasty rotating things and fire spouts. From the room with the 3 key doors, facing the doors, go left, then right from the chainsaw, and go right to open the cratebars blocking the conveyer belt.

Share this post


Link to post
The Monitor said:

I love this wad. It's a little hard, but I have beat the first and last episodes, interestingly, but I have played all the maps at some time. I will say, this wad gives me some ideas, I hope to see a sequel for this, or maybe just a little expansion.


I said that maybe Jack could get a few guest mappers in on it, but he wasn't keen on the idea. Pity really, it'd produce quite the experience.

Share this post


Link to post
ArmouredBlood said:

On map05, you get the yellow key by going on the conveyer belt with all the nasty rotating things and fire spouts. From the room with the 3 key doors, facing the doors, go left, then right from the chainsaw, and go right to open the cratebars blocking the conveyer belt.


yes, i went on the conveyer belt and reached the room at the end of it, but i don't know how to reach the switch there.

Share this post


Link to post
yuri04 said:

yes, i went on the conveyer belt and reached the room at the end of it, but i don't know how to reach the switch there.


Jump on the floating platform. About the only problem with the wad is a lot of jumping puzzles later on (at least 1 per map), which doom's engine isn't really made for.

Share this post


Link to post
ArmouredBlood said:

Jump on the floating platform. About the only problem with the wad is a lot of jumping puzzles later on (at least 1 per map), which doom's engine isn't really made for.


am i supposed to see it? because i can't see any floating platform in the green room with the switch. anyway i agree, i absolutely love this wad but i hate when it's hard to understand what to do.

Share this post


Link to post

Are you here? If so jump on the thing circled in orange, it will float you up and you can get to the switch. If not, post a screenshot where you are, this is the only part I can think of between the scrolling floor and yellow key on map05 that could be tricky if you aren't used to jumping on sprites.

Share this post


Link to post
yuri04 said:

am i supposed to see it? because i can't see any floating platform in the green room with the switch. anyway i agree, i absolutely love this wad but i hate when it's hard to understand what to do.


...Because the fucking platform doesn't appear on easier difficulties.
Sonnuva Bitch, looks like I'll need to update the wad again. :/

This will be the last update, so I need all the bugs everybody can find

Share this post


Link to post
ArmouredBlood said:

Are you here? If so jump on the thing circled in orange, it will float you up and you can get to the switch. If not, post a screenshot where you are, this is the only part I can think of between the scrolling floor and yellow key on map05 that could be tricky if you aren't used to jumping on sprites.


yes that's exactly where i am, thanks! the platform doesn't appear though.

Share this post


Link to post
Jack101 said:

...Because the fucking platform doesn't appear on easier difficulties.
Sonnuva Bitch, looks like I'll need to update the wad again. :/

This will be the last update, so I need all the bugs everybody can find


i'm playing on ultra violence and the i can't see the platform

Share this post


Link to post

What port/version are you running? Software/Hardware? I'm pretty sure some things don't work in software gzdoom. Skulltag/zandronum is behind zdoom dev but I read it's getting closer.

Share this post


Link to post

You should be playing this with the zdoom port. As for the invisible platform, it could of been my version but i could see it perfectly fine. It might be a problem in the easier skill levels but i wouldnt know because i dont bother playing wads on anything easier than ultra violence.

Share this post


Link to post

Oh dear. I see that difficulcty flag problems are haunting not only forever, but also everyone:P So i was wrong assuming that this wad require rocketjumps.

Share this post


Link to post

I had a lot of fun with this WAD but I can't beat it because I had the older version before you updated it. Also, in MAP15 I can't find the way to lower the giant wall that is tagged 19 (Sector 223). Is something wrong with that wall or is it the source port i'm using? I used Skulltag to play it.

Edit: Just realized this thread is over a month old but I would still like some help on the issue I have with MAP15.

Share this post


Link to post

Great stuff! Off-topic question: are you "jackthemaster101" from Youtube?

Share this post


Link to post
NiTROACTiVE said:

I had a lot of fun with this WAD but I can't beat it because I had the older version before you updated it. Also, in MAP15 I can't find the way to lower the giant wall that is tagged 19 (Sector 223). Is something wrong with that wall or is it the source port i'm using? I used Skulltag to play it.

Edit: Just realized this thread is over a month old but I would still like some help on the issue I have with MAP15.


It works fine for me, the wall lowers when you get a certain megasphere.

Katamori said:

Great stuff! Off-topic question: are you "jackthemaster101" from Youtube?


Yes. :P

Also.
Zandronum players, check this out:

Hi,

your WAD "Beyond Reality" causes all clients in multiplayer to freeze when somebody encounters the "randomguy" monster. I've already filed a bug report for this:
http://zandronum.com/tracker/view.php?id=1200

You may still wish to fix your WAD. I reckon that this will be easier and quicker than to wait for the bug to be resolved in Zandronum. I think that adding a one tick delay in See state would fix the problem but you'd have to test that to confirm.

Regards,
Zalewa


So I went ahead and made a online patch for the time being.

http://www.mediafire.com/?va7k96l3k78swcz

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now