Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Post your first map (or remake it from memory)

My first proper map was a temple-style monstrosity called Tomb of Solace. I used literally every single stock Doom II monster in it (with the exceptions of the Icon stuff and the easter egg stuff). Looking back on it, I did alright for a first map. You still have to fight 4 Cyberdemons at the end though. XP

My first map is in 32in24-7, but somebody cleaned the shit out of it. I also did detailing work on that wad and I want to hit myself every time I see it.

I don't have a copy of my first ever map. But the first WAD I ever uploaded to the idgames can be found here:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=14996

As you can see by the reviews, it wasn't very good.

Here is what Maes had to say about it:

"A terrible collection of random 1994-ish maps. Gorilla anus material right there. 1/5 -Maes".

That said, this was years ago and perhaps to be expected for a first upload :)

This (use TNT.wad)

A three level wad. Bad, but not horrible. You can see me improve as the wad progresses. I eventually remade the first map as The Central Core, which actually ended up being worse than the original. The visuals are much better than the original version, but its gotta have some of the worst gameplay ever found in a Doom wad. I have no idea what the fuck I was thinking when I made it.

Aah, the good old DB 3D mode thing...

Schwerpunk, your map was pretty damn good. Good action and monster placement.

darkreaver, your map is pure fucking insanity! Rare is the occasion that I have played a map as awesome as this!