Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristan

Varying Anticipation of Megawads

Gez said:

Plus the Urban Brawl guy keeps stealing his computer, forcing him to recreate the whole mod from scratch every time.

Ha, I had completely forgotten about that. I really need to replay Urban Brawl one of these days.

Gez said:

Plus the Urban Brawl guy keeps stealing his computer, forcing him to recreate the whole mod from scratch every time.

The fact that Mordeth bothers shelling out the money needed for a new rig is commendable already.

Memfis said:

What the hell? Does he really need to use every possible new feature? Or is it because of incompatibilities between old and new versions of EE?

Actually one of the major points of EE is backwards compatibility, isn't it?

I don't think Mordeth's delays are due to compatibility issues. A couple years ago, I believe he restarted on the maps to design new three-dimensional layouts with linked portals in mind.

DeathevokatioN said:
Would be cool to get an update on Mordeth from the man himself.

Who dares summon me..?!

Yes, I'm still working on it. And yes, all maps got redesigned with linked portals in mind.

kmxexii said:

Actually one of the major points of EE is backwards compatibility, isn't it?

With vanilla and Boom, yeah. Quasar wanted to have vanilla demo playback working perfectly.

With older versions of EE, however, no. There's no backward compatibility guaranteed at all. A few examples:

• FraggleScript. Removed. That means that for example, this EE mod cannot be played anymore.
  • Small. Also removed.
  • Eternity TC actors/codepointers. Mostly removed, though some remain. Using them is not advised since they will probably end up removed too.

Gez said:

FraggleScript. Removed. That means that for example, this EE mod cannot be played anymore.

Huh? :o Is it in limbo, or does GZDoom recognize it? I assume it does, since by that time Eternity was basically MBF + FraggleScript. GZDoom knows both MBF and FraggleScript.

printz said:

Huh? :o Is it in limbo, or does GZDoom recognize it? I assume it does, since by that time Eternity was basically MBF + FraggleScript. GZDoom knows both MBF and FraggleScript.

Doesn't work right in GZDoom; since Graf concentrated on Legacy compatibility more than on EE compatibility. You're better off using the Legacy edition of the same mod in [G]ZDoom. Or Legacy.

Gez said:

With vanilla and Boom, yeah. Quasar wanted to have vanilla demo playback working perfectly.

With older versions of EE, however, no. There's no backward compatibility guaranteed at all. A few examples:

• FraggleScript. Removed. That means that for example, this EE mod cannot be played anymore.
  • Small. Also removed.
  • Eternity TC actors/codepointers. Mostly removed, though some remain. Using them is not advised since they will probably end up removed too.

Oh, hey, thanks for the info.

WildWeasel said:

damn it, when is doom millenium coming out

It will never be released. It was cancelled because they could not find a replacement programmer.

Unless you're making jokes, do you mean that they wanted to make their own custom version of Eternity (or whatever) to power their features? Well, just to let you know, here is what happens to executables that are not DOS and are too old:

They will not execute. So even if it did not get canceled, it would just get obsolete.

Doom Millennium, as far as I know, is not cancelled but still worked on sporadically. They're using Eternity.