Let me tell you how I don't like Brutal Doom anymore
Check it out
Finally, the first non-beta, non-test version has finally come.
The changelog file below..
CHANGES (since 3.57)
* V4 began as an experiment into a completely new way to layout rooms
using prefabs for everything including floors and ceilings. However
this system proved to be unsatisfactory (not flexible enough), so I
scrapped it and went back to the drawing board.
+ Prefab system!
+ Quake lighting!
+ Quake visibility!
+ Quake II works!
+ Hexen works!
+ much improved Hexen themes, thanks to blackjar
+ proper Hub system for Hexen
- support FreeDoom 0.7
- support for Absolution, the Doom64 TC
- support for HacX 1.2 and Harmony
- support for Chex Quest 3
- preliminary work on Hexen II and Half-Life [not usable yet]
- DOOM themes for Episodes 2 and 4, courtesy Mr Chris
- monsters are progressive over a full game in DOOM 2
- more naming goodies, thanks to Mr Chris
- improved progress bar and status messages
- output file is deleted if an error occurs
- backup files now use the .OLD extension
- qsavetex detects and handles Hexen II
- cmdline option to load a config file (for Batch mode)
+ support for "shaped" rooms (L, T, plus, etc)
+ support for teleporters
- secret exits are created again
- fixed Quake collision issues
- new more reliable CSG code
- monster control modules for Heretic, Quake, Quake II
- support for liquids in Quake and Quake II
- support reading and writing PK3 files (not used yet)
- an exporter to .MAP format
+ ability to make multiple paths between rooms
- preliminary work on truely 3D room layouts
- improved infighting logic in the Fight Simulator
- new 'Jumbled Up' theme setting
- new 'Tiny' and 'Extreme' settings for level size
- new 'Alternative Look' option
- moved the Seed setting, and increased to 6 digits
- Seed is automatically bumped after a successful build
+ customised Lua language:
- commas are optional at end of line in data tables
- simpler table traversal with new 'each' syntax
- ternary operator of the form: (X ? Y ; Z)
- continue statement
- alternative inequality operator: !=
- incorporated glBSP source for easier building
Glaice's uploads - Link - ModDB
DVV - Doom stuff, reviews, etc
Tumblr - RDND 1.52, alternative to Brutal Doom
Last edited by Glaice on Oct 1 2012 at 18:58