Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I hope I can speedmap like you one day. =D I got up to the bit where you face the second wave of Arachnatrons on my first try.

Too many high HP monsters for my taste (they sometimes get boring, like when you have to kill 5 spiders with SSG only) but still kinda fun I guess. FDA.

Haha, sorry, I love killing Arachnotrons with the SSG. I do agree though, the outside section with the hell knights and mancs is pretty irritating on UV if you don't find the rocket launcher or plasma gun, and I had to add a ton of extra shells to make sure that section was even possible. I probably should've made the rocket launcher non-secret.

Your FDA is interesting; I'm glad to see the balance holds up if you back track early. If you were wondering, that S1 skull that did nothing next to the one that opened the trap with demons is the way you open the room with the arch-vile cage/dropdown if you come in from the other side. I was afraid it might be confusing; maybe I should've put a door in front of it that closes after you step through there. Didn't think about doing that before release.

Obsidian said:

I hope I can speedmap like you one day. =D I got up to the bit where you face the second wave of Arachnatrons on my first try.

Read the text file it says it took 4 days that isn't much of a speedmap =)

It's the standard Doom palette/colormap. It's probably the texturing; most indoor areas in this wad use light level 128, which is pretty standard (maybe a bit on the darker end for custom wads, but not the iwads). Actually, the main section in my first screenshot is 112, second one is 144.

Pottus said:

Well, it's not like it was 96 continuous hours, heh. But yeah, just the initial layout was speedmapped, the texturing/gameplay was done at my normal slow pace.

Pottus said:

Whoopsh. :)

Updated this based on Memfis's feedback:

http://dkk.slickproductions.org/files/doommaps/dbrnzim2.zip

(Uploaded a new version to /idgames, too. Even though the old one hasn't been accepted yet.)

You still have to SSG down the first wave of spiders, but the rocket launcher secret has been opened up and made non-secret, and the map is a lot more fun with more firepower. I also fixed a few other issues, like your rockets passing through parts of the outside walls (unfortunately, because of the way I designed one of the traps, that still happens in one spot) and an incorrect line type in the monster teleport area.