Katamori: Doom 2 - "PROJECT ROMULUS" (a.k.a. the full map making documentary!)

Probably I shouldn't announce it here, but some people will find it interesting. =)

Doom 2: Project Romulus is a Boom-compatible map that I make according to the ideas of my audience; it means that I record all the steps of map making and upload it to Youtube. Although acitity isn't as big as it would be necessary, I've already got some great ideas, so I could create the layout quickly. The beginning is a gothic castle, which is a semi-exact recreation of Romulus, a map I made in Minecraft during a previous video series.

The videos contain commentary, but not in English; I'm planning to make English subtitles to each one.

If anybody's interested in my extraspecial project, here's the Youtube playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOKpWF-9VqkgnsVwIB9Mt93u3Z1a1v__K&feature=view_all

Every video descriptions have download link to each version of the map. WARNING: the map uses cc4-tex.wad, you can't use that without it!

DO NOT EVER LET YOUR ENTHUSIASM DROP, COLLEAGUE! NEVER!
(Otherwise I'll win a bet.)

I was watching your editing techniques and have to say this why are you using the mouse to change between modes? It's a waste of time in my opinion you should really try and use hotkeys only =)

Pottus said:

I was watching your editing techniques and have to say this why are you using the mouse to change between modes? It's a waste of time in my opinion you should really try and use hotkeys only =)

I don't know actually, I've always done it this way :D also, I've never watched the list of hotkeys.

You should get into the habit, I'll give you my quick list probably most are default.

T - Thing Mode
L - Line Mode
V - Vertex Mode
S - Sector Mode
M - Make Sector Mode
E - Standard 3D Editor
Y - GZDoom editing mode
J - Join Sectors
E - Edit Mode when sectors/lines are selected
Shift+J - Merge Sectors

I think if you start using all these you can improve the time it takes to edit.

E - Standard 3D Editor
J - Join Sectors

These are the only ones I've know previously :D thanks, I'm gonna try to use them =)

Ya man, for you it's really one of the last areas to improve your DB skills!

Part 3! Forget HD quality in the future - sorry but I don't have enough HDD space for it :c

Pottus said:

Ya man, for you it's really one of the last areas to improve your DB skills!

Haha thanks =)

I said in the first post of this thread:
The videos contain commentary, but not in English; I'm planning to make English subtitles to each one.

Sadly, I don't have much time yet for it. :c

Okay, I think, posting videos that only 3 people can understand here doesn't make any sense, so in the future, I'll post screenshots only.

Damn, this is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for, but I can't understand it! Still glad it exists, though.

Vaporizer: That was the old thumbnail picture. I always make something new after 5 videos, but I forgot to change it here.

schwerpunk: Thanks! It will get English subtitle in the future =)

Cell said:

DO NOT EVER LET YOUR ENTHUSIASM DROP, COLLEAGUE! NEVER!
(Otherwise I'll win a bet.)

Heh, I told you so... Now, I was given a huge sum by the bet counterpart :D