Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fenriswolf

Old Heretic speedmap by me

Hello!
A few days ago I digged up a map called "Refuge of the Marsh-Lord" that I created in 2010. Some of you might remember there was the second Heretic speedmapping session back then. After I had already participated in the first session and enjoyed it very much, I wanted to join in the second session as well. But there was a tiny little problem, I was too stupid to read the instructions and created a singleplayer map instead of the deathmatch map that was demanded. End of the story was I did not release the outcome.
But after I have found it again and played through it, I think some here might enjoy it: Don't get me wrong, it's just a 1-day-speedmap, therefore it neither has great details, nor those it have a long gameplay, it's very short indeed.
But I thought I might not be the only one here who has the opinion that there is a huge lack of Heretic wads here, so those who are just thirsty for Heretic stuff (like I am) should give it a try.

So far, I created only 3 Wads at all, one of them being E1M1 of the first Speedmapping session, the other being E2M9 of the Treasure Chest. This, now, is my third try (or my second? Don't know anymore if I build this before HTC...). Therefore I am always looking for some feedback and critics :) At the moment, the map isprobably too easy, so I would not recommend playing this on an easy difficulty level. And I would recommend using GZDoom, besides a Mapinfo lump it doesn't use any ZDoom features, but the fog effect just looks cooler in OpenGl (my opinion ;))
Here is the download link:
http://www.speedyshare.com/AZH9W/rotml.wad

edit: Although it is not forbidden technically in th mapinfo, jumping is NOT allowed here, play this like its vanilla ;)

sure if remember that session!
i like to play your map soon!

EDIT: Played your map, i remember it! Cool little map with some cool new textures, needs more ammo on the battle with the iron lich... but over that, is cool.

I also thinking of re-boot that speed mapping stuff again for helloween or similar... and maybe add more time than 24 hours...

walter confalonieri said:

sure if remember that session!
i like to play your map soon!

EDIT: Played your map, i remember it! Cool little map with some cool new textures, needs more ammo on the battle with the iron lich... but over that, is cool.

I also thinking of re-boot that speed mapping stuff again for helloween or similar... and maybe add more time than 24 hours...

Yes, I remembered I uploaded a version of this but there were quite a few bugs around and I tried to fix them and added the new textures..
Very good idea! But please singleplayer maps again :D I do not have that much multiplayer experience so I do not know how a good multiplayer map should look like. But if it is singleplayer, I would love to join again.

Fenriswolf said:

Yes, I remembered I uploaded a version of this but there were quite a few bugs around and I tried to fix them and added the new textures..
Very good idea! But please singleplayer maps again :D I do not have that much multiplayer experience so I do not know how a good multiplayer map should look like. But if it is singleplayer, I would love to join again.

mmm... if it will come out, for sure i'll make more single player!