Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

dreams.wad question

dreams.wad on idgames - http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=7511
Is it possible to beat it? There is some unclosed sectors in the big hall after the red door, and the lift doesn't seem to work properly. However the author says in the txt that this wad was "tested over & over" and "Why would I release a level with bugs?". Am I missing something?

It is bugged, sector 228 references the incorrect sector and line 1001 has action 60 SR - Lower to lowest floor this shouldn't be there it's level breaking. If you lower the the lift in the blinking room without pressing the switch on line 1001 then it is beatable press that switch break the map.

Pottus said:

If you lower the the lift in the blinking room without pressing the switch on line 1001 then it is beatable

Demo please? I still can't reach the teleporter this way.

Memfis said:

Am I missing something?

Nope - the author missed something - several somethings. In PrBoom+ I found myself surrounded by invisible walls and unable to reach the teleport sector, since it's walls back onto sector 225 instead of 227.

Well, looks like ZDoom handles this buggy situation differently, so sadly the map can't be completed in classic ports. I wonder how the hell the author could miss that... Thanks for the help anyway!

But it's not like he couldn't try to beat his map and notice this? I wonder if it actually works differently in doom2.exe. *opens DosBox
edit: nope, vanilla works the same

Would it be too much of a sin if you just fixed it on your own and did whatever action you wanted to do with it? (demoing, I assume)

Nah, I wast just playing casually and wanted to know if there is something wrong with this map or with me. But the txt allows modifications so if I'll ever want do make a demo then I'll fix the wad, yes.