Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mae77

My first (and perhaps last) levels

Hi guys:
I wanna share 9 levels I made from scratch for Doom 2 (01 to 09) who are ugly in design (specially level 09), but I made them just for having 'only bullet action' with my 2 little cousins addicted to Doom. We use to play in Doom Legacy X (Xbox "1") in Co-op, but this wad is not recognized by that port so we play this on 2 PSPs.
I couldn't make functional doors and teleports; didn't want keys just blood, and I couldn't put "solo play/multiplayer" in the same file so this zip contains both "versions".

Feel free to take this stuff as a base for new levels if you want. Just let me know if someone makes it for follow that eventual work.

The "mini game" is called "No Puzzle 4 Da Shootin'".

It was tested on Skulltag, DoomX (Xbox) and PSP Legacy. Since this only use simple resources, I think should be compatible with many of the source ports.

Here's:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/11089545/No-Puzzle-4-Da-Shootin%27.rar

You'll get more replies if you 1) post screenshots and 2) post a youtube video of you playing it, recorded with Fraps or some other software.

arkore said:

You'll get more replies if you 1) post screenshots and 2) post a youtube video of you playing it, recorded with Fraps or some other software.

How can I record with Fraps ? I can't do it with Skulltag, with other games I get no problems. But don't worry, I just want to share it, don't care about comments or feedback, cheers !

Move over Doomguy 2000, the big dog's moving in.

EDIT: I take it back, this wad has way more class than anything Doomguy 2000 has done.

Mae77 said:

don't care[/B] about comments or feedback, cheers !

Now now, no one likes a liar. ;)

Mae77 said:

How can I record with Fraps ? I can't do it with Skulltag, with other games I get no problems. But don't worry, I just to share it, don't care about comments or feedback, cheers !

For my recording (for the moment before I get some decent recording software) I use bandicam (the free version) however, there is of course a limitation, it only allows 10 minute recording and I've found it can only record using the Eternity engine. For some reason recording in ST or ZDoom just displays the load up at the start.

I'm getting a 1337 vibe from this. I won't bash this too much seeing as you made this for your cousins, but I'd recommend looking at some other peope's work for inspiration. Look around on the Idgames archive for some good maps and learn from them. =D

I'm gonna be mercilessly honest: maps are playable so you deserve respect, but these levels are the ugliest playable levels I've seen in my life!

I can tell the same as Obsidian: don't let your talent disappearing.

arkore said:

Now now, no one likes a liar. ;)

Hehehehe, it's hard to resist to read replies **

Obsidian said:

I'm getting a 1337 vibe from this. I won't bash this too much seeing as you made this for your cousins, but I'd recommend looking at some other peope's work for inspitation. Look around on the Idgames archive for some good maps and learn from them. =D

I have tons of Megawads from the Idgames archive and I compile some more single levels to make more megawads for me (Doom PSX adicted since 1998 but discovered the PSP Legacy and that's how I came to the world of wads... what a pain when I discovered the existence of the ARCHIVILLE just about one year ago U-_-). I always refuse to touch PC games, but PSP Legacy looks SO better than the PSX Doom games). There's a lot of awesome works as you say, so inspiration for more guys to make there's in the air. I used to release MUGEN characters and Super Mario World hacks, but with my current life I can't dedicate time for more stuff like these. Just wanted to kill monsters with my dear kids :D. I know my maps have a lot of ugly decorates, but wanna have that was as an opposite way after seeing how many talented guys make maps who look like new official doom games. That's my humor sense **. Thx for your post.

Katamori said:

I'm gonna be mercilessly honest: maps are playable so you deserve respect, but these levels are the ugliest playable levels I've seen in my life!

I can tell the same as Obsidian: don't let your talent disappearing.

Hahaha same thinking here (ugliest playable levels ever). Thanks for the feedback too. Perhaps one day I'll do it.

I wanna use these few lines to thank to all the DW community for the shares (stuff, wads, knowledge, tips, feedback, etc.). This is one of the best sites of "homebrew" (refering to custom wads), and, even if I post so few here, I always read the newstuff chronicles, visit the forums and download files from the id archive. Doom is not a game. It's a way of living. Cheers !