• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Keeper of Jericho

Five Rooms of Doom: (32/32) - now on idgames

Keeper of Jericho said:

Oops, sorry about that. *fixes*

Can you put my second map on Map04 slot? :D

I'm thinking of calling it "Boiling with Hatred".

Been working on Room 4 of my map. Sort of inspired by "Express Elevator to Hell" from TEETH.WAD of Master Levels, although in trying to keep it all one "room", it's a lot more basic: six exits out, one being the entrance on the ground floor, one having the red key immediately opposite the entrance on the top floor, and four corner rooms that open into the central elevator room.

I'm not sure it is one room, though. Maybe I should post a cut-down version of the map, basically limited to that section, to see if it counts as one room or more... It'd have to wait until I get home from work, though.

Cacowad said:

@Gebstadter your map is pretty good :D you used well the specials of map07, and the first part without monsters was intriguing, i was all alike "and now what will appen?". i liked it.

Thanks!

I read that some maps will be slaughterish. Does it mean that the megawad will have crazy difficulty curves? I think that slaughter maps should be only in episode 3.

About my map: I am still working on outdoor part of the map, I got ideas but I just do not feel like mapping recently and I dont want to rush it. I will try to not delay it for too long.

Sokoro said:

I read that some maps will be slaughterish. Does it mean that the megawad will have crazy difficulty curves? I think that slaughter maps should be only in episode 3.

About my map: I am still working on outdoor part of the map, I got ideas but I just do not feel like mapping recently and I dont want to rush it. I will try to not delay it for too long.

some are, some aren't, for sure difficulty will be a strange concept in this wad...

for your map, take your time, becouse i still need a lot of it for map 30 :P

Joseph Lord said:

I forgot upload the finished version of map11, is practically the same thing but with littles modifications and the dificulty set

you can really complete that thing? you have the archies up to 3 fronts and no place to hide, i was blasted off at the speed of light every time i tried it (now it is my 14° attempt), now i will give a try on "i am too young to die" again....

edit: 15° attempt: nope, i still get my ass kicked so hard to make it a twin meatball, do you have any advice to how to complete it? .-.

Yea Im with Cacowad. Are you sure thats possible? Thats pretty crazy difficulty for Map 11. Maybe that would be better off as a later map.

Olympus said:

Yea Im with Cacowad. Are you sure thats possible? Thats pretty crazy difficulty for Map 11. Maybe that would be better off as a later map.

is not as difficult as it see, the arch-vile have a limit range, if ur close to the walls they cant attack u, for example, the arch-viles that protect the yellow key cant attack the cyberdemon because the blockmonster line (see it in doombuilder)is that limit range

Alrighty then. Hopefully i didnt sound too negative, its a really cool map, just thought it was a little difficult for episode 1.

Sokoro said:

I agree with your idea but it depends how you define a slaughter map, I'll use my own maps as an example:
Map 13- The Mutiny: the map is kinda small, there are less than 130 monsters and you fight most of them in the same room (of course that not in the same time.
The player has to rely on monsters infight and use the bfg shots wisely (the whole map includes 5 cyberdemons and there's a limited amount of cells).
Map 24- Bloody Hell is a bfg slaughter map.
There's a huge amount of ammo (because not all of us are bfg experts and I know that some people would need more bfg shots than others to finish the map) and most monsters are encountered the moment you start playing the map.
Since there's a 5 rooms limit I don't think that there will be non slaughter maps with like 400 or 500 monsters (Alien Vendetta e2 maps).
The slaughter maps should belong to episode 3.

EDIT: I'll call map 15 "Hit N Run".
The map would be a small map with one main room, 4 small rooms with switches (to get the 3 keys and lower certain sectors so the player can get to the exit in a nearby cave.
My idea is that the only weapons available in my map would be berserk and super shotgun with a limited amount of ammo (I'll probably use some arch viles so the player will have to punch some revenants again).
I'll make 3 or 4 similar caves- one will be accessible the moment all the keys are obtained and it will lead the player to the normal exit.
In order to get to the secret level the player will have to get to a different cave via arch vile jump.

Map 15 is almost ready, the only things remaining are monsters placement and difficulty settings.
The map is small but since you have to kill about 70 or 80 revenants and your only weapon is the fist (powered up with berserk it should take a while.
Screenies:

Started work on MAP03.

It is a dark grey base theme, all indoors and sorta like Dark Forces in some ways. It will be fairly easy difficulty. Right now the detail and texture alignment needs work on, plus I need to add a few more areas.

Agentbromsnor said:

Keeper of Jericho, are you keeping copies of all the WAD's that are finished?

Yes. I have them all in a "map" folder in the project's folder on my harddrive (with a backup).

Allright, I got the two rooms done, first being sort of hub area and second is exit. Aside for new details, there's not much of special changes to my previous shots. Now focusing for other areas.

and there is! the map is basically done, all is added, maybe more details (dammit demon!) may be added later, but now it will need playtesters, a lot of playtesting, just to tell me how improve this giantic (and empty IMO) room.

here comes the link:

[link removed for great justice]

umm, it may be called in two different ways... "Echoes of a forgotten sin" will fit by now, the other one was "Frozen" or "Frozen sin" much shorter...

EDIT: lack of punctuation suck.

Most of my map's monster placement is done, since you have to kill all the revenants with fists and one archvile with ssj I have to make sure that the arch vile won't revive these revenants once you get to the secret exit (because then zdoom&gzdoom users won't be able to finish it with 100% kills).

ForeverViLe said:

you have to kill all the revenants with fists

AUGHHHHH!
anyway, i am still trying to finish the mutiny, every time that damn cybra at the blue keys door see me and say : "NOPE!" and then kill me... i've done the vile lair, i'll finish it :S

HUGE

yep, huge but underdetailed, i need to find some trick to add. also all these monsters spawner act weird together...

That map 30 is really cool. But it's totally unplayable; framerate slows down to a crawl when facing the center of the map.

argh, i thinked it was a problem of my crappy computer, maybe i should add some more friction to the icy sectors, so the player will have some more control on himself?

Cacowad said:

AUGHHHHH!
anyway, i am still trying to finish the mutiny, every time that damn cybra at the blue keys door see me and say : "NOPE!" and then kill me... i've done the vile lair, i'll finish it :S

HUGE

yep, huge but underdetailed, i need to find some trick to add. also all these monsters spawner act weird together...

I'm remaking map 15 now, hopefully that the map's design will stay similar and maybe even better, I'll probably make the main room a bit bigger.
About the gameplay I'm still planning it very carefully, I wanted that the only monsters in the map will be demons and then revenants (replacing the demons) and one arch vile in order to make the secret exit accessible via arch vile jump.
The problem is that if most monsters have to be killed with fists it will be impossible to finish the map if the arch viles revives a bunch of revenats and you've already taken the arch vile jump- if you get down to kill the revenats you won't be able to get to the secret exit.
I've got a backup of my first attempt but I bet I can make a better remake for my map.

Cacowad said:

anyway, zdoom can't handle 0 sided line...

huh? I tested it in two versions of zdoom, the latest one and some version from 2011. Everything works fine, what's so destructive about 0-sided line anyway?

Glad you liked the map.

scypek2: nevermind, i'm just stupid, i was using a really old version of zdoom for testing (2.3.1.1480), with a newer one it work perfectly.