Brutal HeXen will be a complete revamp of HeXen's gameplay. It's not just more gore and fancy fire effects and particles. It takes the fighting to a whole new level, making the combat way more dynamic, brutal, realistic, and interesting.
Very dynamic and violent melee combat. Create chain combos, and study the enemy's behavior and learn when is the best time to attack or defend.
- Earn experience points by killing enemies (bonus points if you gib or execute them) and level up and increase your max health and get perks at every level.
- Blood, gore, and guts everywhere!
- Flares, new dynamic lights, and particles for fire, smoke, projectiles, and others.
- Better liquid textures. Lava also creates glows on walls (OpenGL only feature).
- Widescreen support for all weapons.
- Dynamic scenario with almost everything destroyable.
- Heretic compatibility
Baratus (Fighter) info
Slot 1 - Timon's Axe and Shield
Fire uses the Axe's regular attack. You can hold the fire button to hold the attack and remain in a steady position, then release it to unleash the attack.
Alt Fire uses the shield to block any frontal attack. The Shield can't completely block explosive projectiles with splash damage, but it will sightly reduce the damage dealt by it.
Killing an Affrit or a near-death Ettin with the shield bash will perform a fatality.
(PS: Please note that this is still an alpha test, and the shield may not always block everything).
- Shield Bash: tap twice the alt fire button. A shield bash knocks back and stuns enemies for a moment. If you already is blocking, just release the alt fire button and press it again immediately to shield bash. (The Stronger Shield Perk gained at Level 2 knocks back many nearby enemies)
- When you are finishing the regular attack, release the fire button and immediately press and hold fire again to unleash a stronger attack.
- At the end of the stronger attack, you can do a third combo by releasing the fire button and pressing and holding the alt fire to bash with your shield.
Slot 2 - Thunder Crossbow
Fires thunder arrows. Uses 8 blue mana per shot. It's a good weapon for medium range combat, but it's inefficiency for long range combat due it's inaccuracy. (until you get the Improved Accuracy Perk at Level 3)
Has an alt fire mode that fires 3 arrows at the same time, but it requires the Weapons Super Powers Perk gained at Level 6.
Slot 3 - Battlehammer
Explodes enemies away. Very powerful but very slow (until you get the Faster Hammer Perk at level 4). Consumes 8 green mana per strike. Can be used when mana is over, but it only deals 1/3 damage.
With the Weapons Super Powers Perk gained at Level 6, it can unleash a destructive power wave with it's alt attack.
Slot 4 - Quietus
A sword that deals more damage and has longer range than Timon's Axe, but you can't use the shield with it.
Alt fire unleashes a projectile that pierces and instakills anything on touch, and deals high damage on bosses. The damage is increased by a perk gained at level 9.
Flechette: Throws it like a grenade. Deals some area damage, but not enough to kill an enemy (unless you throw 3 or 4 in a row). If you have many of them (more than 6 or 7), this can be very useful for clearing rooms, or kill bunkered enemies by throwing it into windows.
BETA 1 Download:
In this Beta, you can only play with Baratus. All weapons are working (but still need some touchups and new sounds). All monsters are "brutalized" and give XP. This Beta is for public testing purposes and feedback, and does not reflects the quality of the final product.
Last edited by Sergeant_Mark_IV on Dec 9 2012 at 16:35