User Control Panel | Member List | FAQ | Privacy Policy | Blogs | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > WADs & Mods > Winter's Fury
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 20:12. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
killer2
Forum Regular

Sorry for necro-posting but it's apparent that the WAD was deleted from the hosting site and I can't seem to find it on /idgames either. I really wanted to play this, especially since I haven't played any GZDoom specific stuff for a while. Could anyone reupload it or something please?

Old Post Dec 31 2013 17:40 #
killer2 is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
alterworldruler
Team Grybanser Fox CEO

killer2 said:
Sorry for necro-posting but it's apparent that the WAD was deleted from the hosting site and I can't seem to find it on /idgames either. I really wanted to play this, especially since I haven't played any GZDoom specific stuff for a while. Could anyone reupload it or something please?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hk454o6d4a6t4ll/Winter%27s+Fury+1.2.zip

Here's winter's fury 1.2 which works from the zdoom thread.

Old Post Dec 31 2013 17:45 #
alterworldruler is offline Twitter account || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
killer2
Forum Regular

Thanks a lot! I knew I should have probably checked the ZDoom board before posting but...eh.

Old Post Dec 31 2013 19:07 #
killer2 is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Starscream
Warming Up

killer2 said:

My bad, completely forgot to edit the link here when I updated.

To make use of this bump, about a month or two ago I released an update for Winter's Fury to polish off a lot of the rough edges. Since I am lazy, I never really made a full list of changes but you can check the ZDoom thread for a brief overview of what has been messed with. Enjoy!

Old Post Dec 31 2013 22:13 #
Starscream is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ThatManWhoKIlls

HEY, I NEED HELP,
Well I really wanted to play Winter's Fury WAD today, but when a started playing I had some problems (Well just 2 of them)
1: I make the sound work whatsoever, I tried to look in the sound settings but I really didn't see anything out of place but I really wanted sound since we all need music to kick so demons ass without kickass music
2. For some reason there are ! marks everywhere, like on top of body and some part of the map and yea, I really can't work around it

So Yea, I really want to play this wad at the best experience, so please help me, I really want to to come back to doom and play these cool wads
(Also, not to be picky, but I need it step by step snice I really don't know what to do if you tell me something that doom player will only know, so yea)
(I drag the wad to GZdoom, hope I did that step right, I think)
Please reply if you do have the solution

Thx

Old Post Feb 13 2016 06:22 #
ThatManWhoKIlls is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
chainsoul
Mini-Member

Which version of gzdoom are you using

Old Post Feb 13 2016 08:15 #
chainsoul is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Starscream
Warming Up

ThatManWhoKIlls said:
HEY, I NEED HELP,
Well I really wanted to play Winter's Fury WAD today, but when a started playing I had some problems (Well just 2 of them)
1: I make the sound work whatsoever, I tried to look in the sound settings but I really didn't see anything out of place but I really wanted sound since we all need music to kick so demons ass without kickass music
2. For some reason there are ! marks everywhere, like on top of body and some part of the map and yea, I really can't work around it

So Yea, I really want to play this wad at the best experience, so please help me, I really want to to come back to doom and play these cool wads
(Also, not to be picky, but I need it step by step snice I really don't know what to do if you tell me something that doom player will only know, so yea)
(I drag the wad to GZdoom, hope I did that step right, I think)
Please reply if you do have the solution

Thx

If there's exclamation marks everywhere, it's most likely you're playing in ZDoom, and not GZDoom. Alternatively, you could have an incredibly outdated version of GZDoom. If you are confident you are using GZDoom with the Doom 2 IWAD, try updating to the latest released version at the DRD Team page:

http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

A screenshot of where the exclamation marks are appearing could also help me identify the problem.

If you need more help, don't hesitate to ask.

Old Post Feb 13 2016 10:26 #
Starscream is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
ThatManWhoKIlls

Alright found out what was wrong
So my the zip I was using somehow fuck up the the textures and missed up the game and now I got a better zip app, and now it works just fine
Thank you for the help anyways
BTW: Love you wad so far.
:3

Old Post Feb 19 2016 03:44 #
ThatManWhoKIlls is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
mgorri

Starscream, dude you're awesome!

I wanted so bad to play Winter's Fury after seeing a gameplay on twitch.tv.
I tried to run it using Brutal Doom v20, but the performance was not good. Playing in Vanilla (without Brutal) or using Brutal v19 though, it runs nicely!

All the ambience, sound and music, the story and the cutscenes, the color palette (grey+cyan) in the environment and specially in the monsters (with their attacks too - the result is so beautiful), it's all just superb! Unlike most of the user created content I've seen so far, you really managed to create a unique and immersive doom experience (in my opinion, WF story should be considered canon - exploring what happens with Baphomet after Doom II is amazing).

It's also very nice to see your support in the forum, and still replying up to this day. As a long time Doom fan (since the early days) I really want to thank you for the awesome job, and please keep it up, bringing us your new project!

BTW, is there any way to follow your stats to get any news on the new project, or at least try to help with it if possible? Can't wait to play it!

All the best!

Old Post Feb 22 2016 14:00 #
mgorri is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Starscream
Warming Up

Hey, thank you for the kind words. To see other people get enjoyment from this even 3+ years after the initial release is heartwarming. (Mind you, it's been updated extensively since the original).

mgorri said:
(in my opinion, WF story should be considered canon - exploring what happens with Baphomet after Doom II is amazing).

I kinda always thought to myself that the story could be viewed as 'canon', if people wanted to. Then again, it's pretty easy to say any wad is canon with what little story we have to run on! Either way, future entries within the same timeline as Winter's Fury may make the connection a bit more shaky, but I've tried to make it hold up as best I can.

Also, if you haven't done so already, you can find a whole new side to the Winter's Fury story by finding hidden data logs (viewed in the console) within many of the levels...

mgorri said:
It's also very nice to see your support in the forum, and still replying up to this day. As a long time Doom fan (since the early days) I really want to thank you for the awesome job, and please keep it up, bringing us your new project!

I visit the forums too much (2-3 times a day normally...), but I am a lurker at heart, so sometimes it just seems I come out of the blue. I only really respond to things that directly concern me, such as your post and that of the person before you. Regardless, it's nice to see a long time Doom fan like yourself enjoy my project.

mgorri said:
BTW, is there any way to follow your stats to get any news on the new project, or at least try to help with it if possible? Can't wait to play it!

I don't know if there's a way to really find out when I release something new, unless you can friend a user and be emailed when they make a post? I would already have my next project done if I actually stopped being lazy, so it's coming soon!

Old Post Feb 23 2016 03:58 #
mgorri

Thanks for the response! It's nice hearing from you.

About the canon aspect, I totally agree that other content could (and should) be created upon WF plot. But for me, even admiring a lot id work, it would be a much more interesting approach to continue the story with what happened to Baphomet after Doom II in Doom 3 or Doom 64, rather than what was created for those games. Of course they can create and innovate at their will, but somehow for me there is a lack of plot continuity after Doom II. Let's see what comes with Doom 4.

Thanks for the tip about the hidden data logs, I didn't know about them. Definitely worth finding them in a new playthrough, will do that. Can you please point out how to find them?

On time, I did some research and found an interesting thread in zdoom forum about S.U.P.E.R Natural, and it looks great! Looking forward to playing it, so take your time to produce a great work. BTW, have you considered using other engines for new projects, such as Unreal or Unity? Just curious, maybe they could make some things easier.

Old Post Feb 23 2016 14:19 #
mgorri is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote