Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Back to Saturn X E1: 1.1.6 bugfix

Excellent news. Downloading this now. Also, minor thing but just noticed that you spelled Download wrong on the link.

Joshy said:

What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see while playing Back to Saturn X, then the real is simply signals of awesomeness interpreted by your brain.

Totally agree. Seeing as it's Doom's birthday I'm going to fire up this dream. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSrEau4JN40 ;P

Very nice indeed.

Here's just a minor issue that occurs when ZDoom is set to 'wi_percents false' on the level summary:

Screenshot

ZDoom uses a graphics lump STTSLASH for this display. Would be nice if it could be added if another update is coming.

This looks great, congrats.

There is an issue in Doomsday though, the FIRELAV2..FIRELAVA animation is a whopping 414 frames long because it runs from the IWAD version of FIRELAV2 to your replaced version of FIRELAVA in btsx_e1.wad.

Yes, there is indeed an issue in Doomsday!

FIRELAV2 ist not part of the animation. It goes from FIRELAV3 t FIRELAVA. FIRELAV2 is not animated!

Heh, wonder how long that typo has been there. Will fix... (missed today's 710 build, so it won't appear until Wednesday's).

Where are the good weapons on map09? I'm not going to fight hordes of HKs, cacos, mancos, revs and spiders with shitty weapons. (sg,cg)

1) You can not release something that does not exist.

2) I am going to hold myself and wait for full deal.

It's not a release until it forces at least 3 source ports to update in order to fix bugs it has revealed ;)

esselfortium said:

Missing sector tag fixed in map18. In the bugged version, the map was impossible to exit because a sector wouldn't lower.

Downloab 0.99d

I really hope that the assigned nodebuilder produces the same structure (if vertices haven't been moved between each update), since I'd like to play this with vanilla DOOM or DOOM+ while using savegames, and would love if BTSX updates wouldn't break save compatibility.

Well I tried it and had some trouble with the revenants in one of the early levels, then ran out of ammo in the level with the long outside corridor and could hardly find more then tried sawing into a few formerhumans until I was shot to death by a sergeant/chaingunner, it can be quite difficult on UV at times so I guess I should've tried it on an easier difficulty first. :P

map01-12 fdas
I thought this was quite easy, I was playing very lazily, skipping monsters I didn't want to fight and stuff like that, but I haven't died a single time with the exception of map09 which is very difficult but for the wrong reason: there are a lot of tough monsters but no good weapons (ssg, rl, pg, bfg) so your only choice is to speedrun (because who the hell fights tons of tough monsters with weak weapons). But it's quite tough to speedrun so I gave up.

Quasar said:

It's not a release until it forces at least 3 source ports to update in order to fix bugs it has revealed ;)

Well, we got two ports down, who's next?

printz said:

I really hope that the assigned nodebuilder produces the same structure (if vertices haven't been moved between each update), since I'd like to play this with vanilla DOOM or DOOM+ while using savegames, and would love if BTSX updates wouldn't break save compatibility.

Sorry for double post, but I have a custom Doom+ that xttl and I Hacked at,I'll upload it in a few hours. Keep all pants on.

Memfis said:

map01-12 fdas
I thought this was quite easy, I was playing very lazily, skipping monsters I didn't want to fight and stuff like that, but I haven't died a single time with the exception of map09 which is very difficult but for the wrong reason: there are a lot of tough monsters but no good weapons (ssg, rl, pg, bfg) so your only choice is to speedrun (because who the hell fights tons of tough monsters with weak weapons). But it's quite tough to speedrun so I gave up.

I remember having the same kind of trouble during testing with Map09. I believe essel/traversd designed it so that on a pistol start you would always be on the move and looking over your shoulder. There is a secret SSG you can obtain (and I think there might be a rocket launcher somewhere?), but from a pistol start I'll agree that it's hard to S-rank. However, it's still very beatable if you stick to avoiding the big bads (or just go ahead and shotgun them to death)! :)

Here's a WISLASH so Graf won't complain.

The text file credits the text screen and intermission music, but not the title screen music.

If episode 1 takes up 24 map slots, and three episodes are planned, how are you going to do eps 2 and 3? Eight maps spread between them two? Separate PWADs? The greatest DEHACKED trick ever to make Doom believes it has more maps than that? MAPINFO-club membership only?

It's about damn time!

Also, it inexplicably felt awesome to download this to my Doom/wads folder instead of my mapping/btsx folder.

Memfis said:

easy is intentional considering your considerable skill level. btsx's difficulty aim was alien vendetta minus its e3 maps, although i can already count a few btsx maps that waltz into that excluded area too, heh. there's also a difficulty curve, so the later maps should tax you more. or try solo-net!

re: your map09 problem, there's a secret ssg, but you have to run through several nasty situations if you want to use it to take down all the big boys. probably a difficulty spike and i may be to fault, because i replayed it so often i just became overtrained and didn't lobby for adjustments. toughen up! :)

skillsaw said:

Also, it inexplicably felt awesome to download this to my Doom/wads folder instead of my mapping/btsx folder.

and to finally delete mysteryproject-tex... oh wait, nope.

Just started playing this a few minutes ago and noticed this graphical glitch under the bridge in map 01. I am using glboom if that helps any.

http://i.imgur.com/nRCA3.jpg

In map 03, it seems to be impossible to get into the secret at sector 63.

dew: interestingly enough, Alien Vendetta was the first thing that came up in my mind when I was thinking about btsx's gameplay. So I guess the team succeeded. :) I'll try to play the rest with solo-net, should be fun. (I remember Scythe X was also more fun with solo-net)

Larzuk said:

Just started playing this a few minutes ago and noticed this graphical glitch under the bridge in map 01. I am using glboom if that helps any.

It's a render hack. To make this work in OpenGL some not very simple checks are needed. I don't know if GlBoom has those checks but if it glitches, apparently not. In GZDoom it looks correct unless you fly to some otherwise unreachable places from where it doesn't look correct.

Sucks. Worst Wad Ever. So bad it killed my pets and gave me cancer. -50/10.