Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sahkan

Doom2Remake By Me !*Pre-alpha v0.3 GamePlay Footage*!

I have not downloaded anything yet, but will check it out soon.

However, going by the video, pretty awesome!

I could suggest that the fireball just suddenly appears which looks a tad off. So maybe if the imp could have some kind of fire/heat build up in his hands just before the fireball is spawned. Guess this is tidy up stuff later as at the moment you are just working on the main mechanics. Food for thought though :)

Keep up the work.

bcwood16 said:

I have not downloaded anything yet, but will check it out soon.

However, going by the video, pretty awesome!

I could suggest that the fireball just suddenly appears which looks a tad off. So maybe if the imp could have some kind of fire/heat build up in his hands just before the fireball is spawned. Guess this is tidy up stuff later as at the moment you are just working on the main mechanics. Food for thought though :)

Keep up the work.

Thanks for the advice i will probably do so .

*16/2/13 Call - Swiching to Unity*
Even though i wanted to make the game in blender game engine it seems like it cant handle a big number of polygons well, so i will have to swich to Unity in order to achive a good graphic game, I will have to learn more about the gui and the UnityScript, so it will be some time till my next update .

*18/2/13 Moving to unity progress*
A version with unity with only character and textures no music or imp . I'v added parallex map for the first room and the corridor floor , i know it nothing special for now, need to adjust the lights too, just letting you know that it didnt die :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?3swjlk28j278m4c
It also take less space on your harddrive in unity :)

Firstly, it's obvious that this is an amateur model, which is perfectly fine, seeing as, 1) you're not charging for this, and 2) you're still perfecting your craft. Secondly, I think it looks like what it intends to - a Former Human.

Personally, I'd like to see a lower-poly model, like we'd see in-game. But this is a good concept bust.

Your results are pretty impressive imo, and the doom community needs more people like you. Though Imo you're doing something that isnt very original. We have all seen projects like this come and go, and theres already a few completed doom monster model projects out there.

I personally would rather see something on the level that doom64 did, which was remake all the monster sprites to make them look more evil and threatening.

I personally think that doom64 would have replaced doom, doom2 and final doom if it werent for the fact that many of the monsters were cut out of the game and not all the weapon sprites were put in because of space issues.

The main thing I have against all projects like this is they attempt to make model equivalent's to the doom sprites which never look as good as the actual sprites.

Now the textures in this look fucking awesome and I hope you finish them. I know you put a lot of work into this and I absolutely hate to say this because of that fact, but I really do think these models look bad ingame. If your going to make the monster models, please for gods sake make them look more evil and threatening than the sprites.

Overall I cannot say these models look like shit because i doubt 90% of the doom community could do any better, the only thing ill say is I wouldnt use these models ingame except for the textures.

I can't believe how useless is the Doom community in case of this project. It's a shame. I download your performance test and it runs very smooth. Also, you have some ngons on tekgren models. You must work on some specular maps for brown textures, everything is too plastic at this stage.

Reinchard666 said:

I can't believe how useless is the Doom community in case of this project. It's a shame. I download your performance test and it runs very smooth. Also, you have some ngons on tekgren models. You must work on some specular maps for brown textures, everything is too plastic at this stage.

Thanks for the critique, I will realy have to do somthing with these specular issues .

*27/2/13 Zombie Workflow*:
The colored objects means they have already a low poly with baked normal map on them, for reference only of course, the finished model will have textures on it :

Reinchard666 said:

Video doesn't work.

Thanks for letting me know, it was private by mistake, you can watch now if you want .

Sahkan said:

Zombie video

Are the hands covered in blood or are they gloves? If it's blood, then I might be worth trying some stains up the arm.

Reinchard666 said:

Look nice. It must be high poly. Do you plan to do that zombie soldier as close to the original as possible?

Yes, beside the fact that the original one has height anatomy of a chield and i fixed it, i will try to do it close to the original as possible .

Eris Falling said:

Are the hands covered in blood or are they gloves? If it's blood, then I might be worth trying some stains up the arm.

The zombie's gloves are red,of course this is just a basic color for reference, it will be more convincing with texture hopefully .

*1/3/2013 Update Zombie workflow*:
Zombie only low poly mesh plus normal maps ( no textures and rig/animation yet ) .

You should give him a wider pants, with pockets on the thighs, like the military pants. His legs look too small compared to the body. But whole model looks fine in low-poly. At first glance you don't see any difference compared to the high-poly.

This is moving too slow, you need to focus less on making very high-poly models and focus more on their animations and the problems with their er.. faces...
I understand how hard it is to make 3d models and that this is just a fan project, but it's still moving much too slow if you're planning to release it.

Marrub said:

This is moving too slow, you need to focus less on making very high-poly models and focus more on their animations and the problems with their er.. faces...
I understand how hard it is to make 3d models and that this is just a fan project, but it's still moving much too slow if you're planning to release it.

What problem of the faces do you mean ? actually considering i had to move my project to unity and that i learn how to do some things while im doing them for the first time, i think im doing ok :)

Look fine except you stil have ngons and all imps have identical animation. You should do something with red glow effect - is too strong.

Reinchard666 said:

Look fine except you stil have ngons and all imps have identical animation. You should do something with red glow effect - is too strong.

I didnt realy understand where i do have these ngones, what do you mean by tekgren ? The walking animation is indeed similiar in all imps but this is a usual thing in games, what do you suggest ?

I see some strange shadows on tekgren, so I think there is something wrong with the geometry of this model. About the imps animation, you have to do something to make the animation of individual models did not begin at the identical time.

Reinchard666 said:

I see some strange shadows on tekgren, so I think there is something wrong with the geometry of this model. About the imps animation, you have to do something to make the animation of individual models did not begin at the identical time.

Eventually the walking animation will start only after the player get in the imp's site so they will start at different time, I still dont know what tekgren, Dictionary dosnt say anything :S

Reinchard666 said:

TEKGREN is a texture...

Ah i see, The models for the textures do have ngones but unity make it all triangles ones it imported .