Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Death Egg

ZanZan issues

I'm trying to run ZanZan, but I'm not having any luck getting it to work. It ends up freezing whenever I try to load it up. I'm going to assume that it's because the source port, ZDoomGL, doesn't run on Windows 7.

Is there anything I could do to get it to work properly? If not, is it possible someone could port the mod to GZDoom or something? Which would be nice anyways so people don't have to go through this hassle trying to get it to work.

Nevermind, apparently there IS a GZDoom version. I feel stupid now... Gonna check to see if it works though since it's 7 years outdated.

EDIT2: Looks like it works fine, though a certain comment on the /idgames seems to insinuate that it isn't completely faithful to the original and is bugy. Could someone who has played both clarify how different the versions are?

Death Egg said:

Looks like it works fine, though a certain comment on the /idgames seems to insinuate that it isn't completely faithful to the original and is bugy. Could someone who has played both clarify how different the versions are?

Some differences are explained in the "Bugs" section of the text file. Also, the trap with moving walls was simplified, probably for technical reasons. You had to climb jugs to escape in the original version, IIRC.

I haven't played GZDoom version that much, so there could be more.

Don't really know.The first one mentioned a bunch of crap about a voodoo graphics card,and the gzdoom version plays great.It doesn't seem buggy in my laptop either.Hope this was a little bit of help.I'm sure some one can help you better than me.Good luck.