I been maxing on Epic 2. I like this wad, I also like the music. I wonder what are the music used in each level of this map.

So far music I know:

Map06, Map07, Map17(But not sure about the name), Map18, Map21

Share this post


Link to post

Some I know
Map02 - "Dungeon (No 21)" from Daggerfall
Map16 - Opening theme from Total Recall (original film with arnold schwarzenegger)
Map19 - Dark Groove from Jazz Jackrabbit 2 (I think though it seems different to the music in the game)
Map21 - final fantasy xii eruyt village theme
Map22 - Metroid Fusion - Frozen in Time

Oh if someone knows the music in Map12 it would be very handy as I used that track in one of my maps for sf2012.

Share this post


Link to post

cannonball said:
Oh if someone knows the music in Map12 it would be very handy as I used that track in one of my maps for sf2012. [/B]

the first level when you're aboard the alien ship? it's a track from TNT's Daedalus, as well as the level preceding that one (map 12's track is when you're entering the first portal hub in Daedalus, in logical progression sense that'd be map 2.)

map 04 is from the first level of Brotherhood of Ruin, composed by, i think, Paul Corfiatis.
map 05 is Magus Theme from Chrono Trigger.
map 06 is a track from Duke Nukem 3D. not sure what level, but it is from the second episode.
map 11 is the Intermission theme from Daedalus.
map 13 is a track from Equinox, but i don't think it's an original track but taken from another game.
map 14 is from Hexen, the song that plays in Darkmere.

that's from the top of my head, anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
cannonball said:

Map21 - final fantasy xii eruyt village theme

Now I know where you found that MIDI :P

map 06 is a track from Duke Nukem 3D. not sure what level, but it is from the second episode.

Gut Wrencher, used in E2L3: Warp Factor. Bitch of a level for me.

This list though incomplete, may provide some more. Infact I should probably add this new information to the list.

Share this post


Link to post
cannonball said:

Some I know
Map02 - "Dungeon (No 21)" from Daggerfall

That's MAP01. MAP02 uses a song from Blood.

http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Epic_2#Soundtrack

MAP13 is also originally from Daggerfall (from the Daggerfall demo, more precisely -- I think it didn't make it into the final game) but was heavily modified.

Share this post


Link to post

Although the text file lists Heroes 2 and Eternal Doom as MIDI sources, none of the songs in Epic 2 come from these two mods.

map08 is from Eternal Doom actually

Share this post


Link to post
Gez said:

That's MAP01. MAP02 uses a song from Blood.

http://doomwiki.org/wiki/Epic_2#Soundtrack

MAP13 is also originally from Daggerfall (from the Daggerfall demo, more precisely -- I think it didn't make it into the final game) but was heavily modified.

Yeah I realised I made a typo when I went out to bowling, hence unedited post.

@Eris falling, maybe that wad, it's also used in Speed of Doom for map19
Pointless fact alert :P

Share this post


Link to post

The music of SOD Map19 is the same as Map21, from Final Fantasy 4. Anyway thanks for some of the songs. Ah there's not much difference of the song of Map19 in the game. And the music of Map07 is actually the same as Death Tormention 3 E4M2.

Share this post


Link to post
Memfis said:

map08 is from Eternal Doom actually

You're right, however it has been modified slightly, not sure how. (Epic2 D_DDTBLU: 10139 bytes; Eternall D_STALKS3: 10137 bytes.)

Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

And the music of Map07 is actually the same as Death Tormention 3 E4M2.

No. Epic 2's D_SHAWN (MAP07) is very different from DT3's D_E3M2 (E4M2 shares the same music slot as E3M2). However, DT3's D_E3M2 is the same as Twilight Zone 2's D_BETWEE (MAP04).

Share this post


Link to post
Daiyu_Xiaoxiang said:

The music of SOD Map19 is the same as Map21, from Final Fantasy 4. Anyway thanks for some of the songs. Ah there's not much difference of the song of Map19 in the game. And the music of Map07 is actually the same as Death Tormention 3 E4M2.

Ah, I'm not sure what's going on here (final fantasy confusion very likely) Maybe it's labelled differently in your country
heres a youtube video of the song in question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOAD58HCB-c
Map07 is E4M3 from Death Tormention 2 btw

Share this post


Link to post
Doomhuntress said:

map 14 is from Hexen, the song that plays in Darkmere.


If it is, it has been heavily modified. D_DDTBL2 from Epic 2 sounds very different from SWAMPR from Hexen when I listen to both in SLADE 3...
Also, D_DDTBL2: 6338 bytes; SWAMPR: 6357 bytes.

Edit: Bingo, it's not from Hexen, it's from Hexen 2. It's a mus conversion of EGYP2.MID.

Remain to be identified:
MAP03 (D_COUNTD)
MAP09 (D_IN_CIT)
MAP15 (D_RUNNI2)
MAP18 (D_ROMERO) -- the MUS track, not the OGG track named D_ROMER_
MAP20 (D_MESSAG)
MAP23 (D_AMPIE)
MAP25 (D_ADRIAN)
MAP26 (D_MESSG2)
MAP30 (D_OPENIN)
MAP32 (D_ULTIMA)
Intermission music (D_INTER)

Share this post


Link to post
cannonball said:

Ah, I'm not sure what's going on here (final fantasy confusion very likely) Maybe it's labelled differently in your country
heres a youtube video of the song in question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOAD58HCB-c
Map07 is E4M3 from Death Tormention 2 btw


Ah my mistake of Death Tormention 2 music. I just remember E4M2 is that map with cacos playing hide-and-seek.

As for Final Fantasy in my country, I am not really sure as most Taiwanese play LOL instead.

Share this post


Link to post

Alright, thanks. 26 done, 10 to go. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Gez said:

MAP26 (D_MESSG2)

Opening titles from Francis Ford Coppola's Bram Stoker's Dracula. I found this out because I flipped past the movie starting on TV recently and thought, "Where have I heard that music before?!"

Intermission music (D_INTER)

...doesn't exist :). Unless you mean D_DM2INT which is "Gazz!" from Rise of the Triad.

Share this post


Link to post

Map 23 uses a midi version of "Legendary Beast" from Final Fantasy 8. I haven't checked for sequencer information at this time.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now