Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

bullshit dodging challenge

For prboom-plus -complevel 9 -fast. No exit, just kill all monsters or die. Based on duckshot.wad by Kansam and Doug Eagle. DL. If you beat it I'd like to see a demo lol.
edit: replaced green armor with blue since it was a bit impossible.

Easy peasy, beat it on first try! Without -fast... With fast, the furthest I got was 3 kills. :)

You know, this makes me think something like Audiosurf could be fun in Doom. As in, you'd have a barebone ZDoom level with a limited playable area, you'd plug a music track into an utility, and it'd output a script with projectiles triggered according to the tempo of the music, using different fireballs for different tracks and so on.

You think it's easier without invis? I'm not sure about that: you can dodge all projectiles by moving very slowly to the left/right but at some point you'll have to change the direction and that's when you'll eat a lot of fireballs. :) Try it if you want.

1st link seems like an unusually large file size

playing on nonfast, I ran out of ammo (supposed to have single barrel shotgun & chaingun only?)

on fast, it seems quite hard. not sure whether sg or chaingun is more effective. If the first is, then you get a time penalty because you have to switch to it at the beginning.

Interesting unique gameplay.

didn't you make something slightly similar ggg? I vaguely remember a map with forced invis pickup to dodge arach plasma

Oh yeah, one of my oldest maps "hugeprojectilewall" made back when zdoom vile jumps were higher (and that map required them so is kinda broken now).

On my first go, I killed them all and had 99% HP remaining and 1 lone shell. On fast.. Holy shit this is hard. :o

Also, I really like the idea of Doom Audiosurf. That would be quite the mod!

No Iron Attack? I am disappoint.

28 kills thus far; probably would be easier without the invisibility since then you could stream the projectiles and avoid getting hit by random ones. Probably the hardest part is the sudden paradigm shift halfway through: With the chaingun you can just spray at big imp groups without real aiming, which is not how the shotgun works. Also, by the time you run out of chaingun ammo you're so softened up that you need to start dodging more carefully, which should also be possible thanks to the smaller number of enemies. Basically, it should be easier at that point, but because that change happens in a split second you can't really prepare for it.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/daiyu-yukkurishine-fast.zip

It was hard but fun to play at. I recorded both runs with and without invisibly sphere.

With I.S: 9 kills
Without I.S: 15 kills

My conclusion is, this game without invisibly sphere is probably easier. There's a higher chance of survival since imps projectiles aims at you. And using the shotgun after halfway round is better since it can kill more imps as it increases efficiency.

But why? I love this game and its music.

Next time try Hell Knights or cacos, with plasma gun provided.

Both versions are supereasy without -fast parameter. Also finished noinvis version with -fast in a few tries, the tactic is simple and it's often used in swarmed maps - strafe slow in one direction. Then when you're starting to get close to the wall, move fast to it and stay there a bit. This fast motion will create a little gap near you with none or almost none projectiles. Then you just reverse and continue on.
Fast invis version should be "fun" though, i'll try it in the evening :p
EDIT: noticed few guys talked about using chaingun first. Why? Shotgun is so much better in kills-per-second department, and you need to kill as many as possible early on.