Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Plutonia MIDI Pack project (/idgames link available)

Eris Falling said:

Bucket. That is all.

EDIT, regarding below: I also submitted two, which never made it.
Fortunately I did get a special request for a track, and that should go through. Hopefully.

Doomhuntress said:

in my defense, i was pretty damn sure i posted some of my MIDIs in that thread when it said MIDIs was needed, but there were no replies to it when i did, so...

Uh, that was more of a joke tone I used, didnt mean to sound aggro, sorry. Yeah, Bucket's made more than I can count, including a custom request for me that I want to be Map 1's theme (Remix of "Into the Beast's Belly" aka Map 30's theme that has elements of his Target Neutralised) but its up to Whoo whether that gets used at all, might not even be in that slot. Its the perfect TNT2 opener! Because goddamn have I played Map 1 a lot to have a feel for how it should sound.

Eris, I heard Counter-Mutation and the youtube version's notes arent really a good fit for TNT2, but this is coming from a hardcore TNT nut, so my point may be invalid anyway. I have like all the TNT tracks and Hell to Pay/Perdition's Gate all lumped together in a playlist, so I tend to be a bit biased if submissions arent at least thematically similar to them. But im just a playtester anyway :)

Doomhuntress, I quite liked your unused midi, listened to it a few days ago. I'd choose it over some of the other tracks in the level slots. Personal taste > official order

Also, my favourite track in general from this pack is Map4's theme, followed by Cry of Desperation. Theres a lot of great tracks in there, and a few "not really feeling it" ones but outside of Bloodrush, I have a hard time remembering anything but 4 and 31.

rampancy said:

I don't know if you are fishing for complements but your track is a proper headbanger. All those drums add to the fun of running around like a lunatic trying not to fall down into the blood again.

Uh, that was more of a joke tone I used, didnt mean to sound aggro, sorry.

err... i wasn't actually trying to jump on anyone for not liking my contribution/not taking in consideration any tracks i'd donate to the TNT2 project. what i meant was that my track is so old and plain it shouldn't be used because i'm not too fond of it anymore. :P wasn't trying to drag out any attention towards me for it, sorry.

at any rate, i've posted MIDIs in the TNT2 thread now, and whether they get used or not i don't particularly care over. if they do, awesome, if they don't, eh.

I think all you need to do if use Slade to rename the MIDIs in plutmidi.wad from D_NAME to P_NAME. It should be pretty easy, I'm kind of stunned there isn't a wad out there that does this already.

According to this list, you have to delete D_DM2TTL in addition to the renaming.

https://bitbucket.org/JPLeBreton/wadsmoosh/raw/0dd812fd3af518c53af5b804bae97b300c59a45b/data/music_plutonia

Also, I guess that you could edit doom_complete.pk3 using Slade3 to get rid of the original P_*.mus files in the music folder. Then, paste into the music folder the MIDIs renamed as per that list.

Since this old thread was already bumped, don't mind me, I just want to mention that noobs like me are still discovering Jimmy's MIDIs and enjoying the heck out of them :)

I had already heard some of Jimmy's work from playing Sigil. I then discovered that he made custom music for the official Duke Nukem DC expansion pack from reading the Duke Nukem wiki, and from there I found his website with all of his work. I got a little burned out from only playing Doom and Doom mods so that's why I was playind douk, but seeing that Jimmy makes levels as well as music has definitely piqued my interest.

I lost all my files on my previous PC so I am glad I found this again when I searched the google

This music is amazing - it totally enriches the Plutonia experience and I can't play without it anymore

Especially props to @Eris for the map 31 music: Cry of Desperation - it has to be legit the best music for a doom map ever my goodness I could play it on loop all day - I hope you don't mind I used this on my backpack map

I might want to play through plutonia again because of this

Apologies for the necropost - just wanted to say that I've uploaded some recordings of the Plutonia MIDI Pack to my YouTube channel for easy listening! Normally I wouldn't be inclined to say so on the original thread itself, but I think my two reasons for doing so should suffice to permit it:

1. To my knowledge, this is the only recording of the pack on YouTube which doesn't use any weird soundfonts/mixing and breaks each track into discrete videos with fadeouts, so if you want to link, download, or cue up single tracks the way they were originally written, this is the way to do it.
  2. It really bothered me that MAP13's MIDI had gone untitled for so long, so with the help of @Mr. Freeze and @Jimmy, we got that track a name, and we got that name officialized. Consider this the announcement - it's called "Tomb of the Unknown Soldier"!

Hope you guys enjoy! Any reason to re-listen to PlutMIDI is a good reason. :)