Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Plutonia MIDI Pack project (/idgames link available)

it won't load? damn. it loads just fine for me in Media Player Classic and Windows Media Player. if it is of any help, i used automation clips at the end of the song in FL Studio.

i could simplify the drum track on Ascension (i went REALLY overboard with it, i have to admit) if you have any pointers on what should be changed (though i have a hunch of what that could be). bit confused about the "organs and strings" thing, though. you mean you want me to change the organs to strings?

edit: well, in the meantime, here's a link to a WAV-file of the song: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cuq233ey7uvq59l/Rise_2.wav

okay. i've touched up Ascension of Satan a bit just now. however, i'd really like to know from Jimmy what he wanted me to try and change on the track. otherwise, it's pretty much done and can be used in-game since i had made a looped version of the track some weeks ago.

Sounds like a cool project..literally.

The recycled music is too ingrained into a lot of people though, so I hope this succeeds. Doom Expanded changed some of the music in Episode 4, and that was a very mixed reception

Dumb as I might feel for saying this, I'd like to drop out from my Map31 slot. I just can't come up with anything suitable right now, so it should be left for someone else. Instead, I'd like to request Map29. I think it'll be easier for me to work with "At Doom's Gate" and the faster-paced, more involved map as my guides of sorts.

MAP24: The Final Frontier - Uses "In the Dark", a track which fits the large and dark nature of the map.

Never took it that way. In the Dark has that weird bit that sounds like a cliche old sci-fi theme, which fits with the map name.

I've just been playing around on the guitar a bit and I think I have a few ideas.
I'm going for a sort of DragonForce style of fast rather than - say - Slayer-style fast. Somewhere between 175-220BPM should be adequate.

I'm hoping to have something to show soon-ish.

Mr. Freeze: That's a cool track. :D Very happy with it in its current state. Nice one - consider it added it to the first post. Thanks a bunch. :D

Hellish Godzilla: Okey dokey, taken care of. :)

Doomhuntress: We already have quite a few church organ-oriented pieces, and in my opinion it's not an instrument that works that well in Doom, at least not as the central focus of a track. So yes, I was suggesting that the organ be made a string ensemble instead. If you won't mind doing that, be sure to transpose it to the next octave up to make the strings sound not as deep. I'm also going to suggest that the sections where everything but the guitar drops out for a few bars kind of detract from the overall track. Recommend you do something slightly different for those.

As far as the drums are concerned, they're pretty damn good, although they start off a bit weak. Maybe add some hi-hats to those first few bars. Oh yeah, and make it the standard kit (0) instead of the power kit (16).

Eris Falling: Looking forward to it. :)

GeckoYamori: Oh gosh, no. Encouraged, sure - if one wishes to imitate the Prince style - but not mandatory. xP

---

Here's a little something I came up with a while ago, but I just now Prince-ified it. It's a MIDI (approximation) of Russell Allen's "Seasons of Insanity". (Seriously, listen to this song and check out the lyrics. It's the Doomiest song I've heard in a while.)

Seasons of Insanity (3:01)

I'm thinking of slipping this into the MAP07 slot. Any objections?

hah. the track does sound a lot more fuller with a string ensemble, indeed.

i've done everything you suggested me to do so far (change drum-kit, add hi-hats, change from organ to strings), however i am confused as to what you mean with "the sections where everything but the guitar drops out for a few bars kind of detract from the overall track." that should be the only thing left to do for the track to be finished.

edit: okay, i'm pretty much finished with it at this point. have a link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1q9djk6vgvfjdi0/Ascension%20of%20Satan%20%28Mark%20Two%29.mid

I may have one or two more tracks to offer, but I'll give everyone else a chance to catch up.

Mr. Freeze: Sure thing. For now, I'll add it to the first post along with "Rise" and "Pluvious" under Unassigned tracks on the main list. :) Are you planning to add to it?

Doomhuntress: Very cool beans. Great job with these two tracks, I'm sure Rise will fit in there somewhere. One question, is the tempo meant to be 100bpm? That's what the MIDI has, but the song is about 150bpm on SoundCloud. It's only a quick fix I can take care of, but I just need that clarification. :)

Rise is at 150 BPM, yes. dunno why it should show up as otherwise. O_o
although, Quicktime seems to like to screw up the tempo of a few songs. it played just fine for me in Media Player Classic, but Quicktime made the tempo slow as balls for some reason.

also, Ascension of Satan is supposed to be at 128 BPM, in case the tempo got screwed up on it, as well.

also also, i have a small urge to make either a track for The Final Frontier or The Temple of Darkness, due to me loving the original songs played in the levels. but i'm not sure i want to claim any of the spots, for i have no ideas currently on what song i want to produce for either stage.

Jimmy, can I have your permission to use your excellent track "Stealth Mode" for my Doom 2 In Name Only map, "The Crusher"?

Doomhuntress: Thanks for clarifying. :) I'll leave those spots unclaimed for now, but let me know once you come to a decision. ;)

MajorRawne: Sure thing, I don't mind. :P

Also how's everyone else doing? Haven't heard any updates from Ribbiks, PRIMEVAL, Flamen0d, Doomkid92 or Eris Falling yet.

Jimmy91 said:

Also how's everyone else doing? Haven't heard any updates from Ribbiks, PRIMEVAL, Flamen0d, Doomkid92 or Eris Falling yet.

I've been kinda busy recently, but this will get done soon. I hope to finish it around next week. I'll probably leave out guitar solos for the first version just to see what you all think of the structure and add the solos after.

Cool track with a great middle section. :D

Seems to be a little bit... out of key?... for most of the first part, though. The warm pad is playing some odd stuff, certainly. Can you double-check how it sounds in GM at all? Might be your instruments sounding different to you.

just checked my track in GM - yes, warm pad sounds not that smooth and you can seperate notes... Fixing :)
Anyway, thanks for feedback, it's the 4th MIDI made by me :)

yakfak: That's really, really cool, actually. Quirky in places, but not overly so. Really liking the little guitar bits and the harpsichords, as well as the solos. :D

This could probably be used as-is. Shall I pencil it back in for Bunker, or another slot of your choosing? :)

You can certainly use this for the Bunker! one thing - I'm having trouble with the MUS form, in dosbox Adlib mode, getting the tune to loop cleanly. Right now it's leaving a big pause. Any experience with smoothing that gap? thanks