Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ribbiks

Stardate 20X6 [Now on /idgames]

Sokoro said:

I was playing on GZdoom with only cosmetic mods and I could not get past the exit arena in map 03, then I tried to load it again, but with my own weapon mod which has weapons of roughly 2x-3x more power than vanilla weapons. Died again, and again, there is too many monsters and no space to dodge. 2/5 (**°°°)

In this wad, Ultra-Violence is for the top-skilled Doom gods while HMP is for casual playthroughs with a lot of challenge involved anyway.

Anything made by Ribbiks is designed for players with a lot of patience. It's not meant to be easy.

Edit: for a tip, you might want to considering forcing infighting into the some of the battles. I remember a moment in one of the maps it was rather crucial to survive the exact timing of when to force the revenant blobs to fight the Hellknights/Barons.

Sokoro said:

I was playing on GZdoom with only cosmetic mods and I could not get past the exit arena in map 03, then I tried to load it again, but with my own weapon mod which has weapons of roughly 2x-3x more power than vanilla weapons. Died again, and again, there is too many monsters and no space to dodge. 2/5 (**°°°)

Really? This wad is meant to be challenging, what did you expect?

Hello. First post here.

I know this topic is old and probably nobody looks here anymore. I've registered here only because of this. And Stardate 20X6 is an absolutely awesome WAD that I stumbled upon thanks to decino. I'm playing on HMP like a pleb.

There is a very annoying bug with Stardate 20X6 and prboom (2.1.5 on Linux). With "timers", made in classical way: a doomguy voodoo doll on a moving floor. Well, in my case sometimes the doomguy seems to be on a super-slow half of the moving floor, resulting in excruciatingly long wait times, and I know this is not the intended behavior thanks to decino's videos and noclipping to see what's going on. This affects, for example, level's 6 final fight (the waiting for arachnotrons to spawn in becomes super long) and level's 7 fight in cross-shaped room: first, there is a long delay between cyberdemon and revenants, which makes this fight way easier, and secondly the wall blocking the switch to elevator down (after the fight) takes a loooong time to uncover the switch.

22 hours ago, Tomash said:

There is a very annoying bug with Stardate 20X6 and prboom (2.1.5 on Linux). With "timers", made in classical way: a doomguy voodoo doll on a moving floor. Well, in my case sometimes the doomguy seems to be on a super-slow half of the moving floor, resulting in excruciatingly long wait times, and I know this is not the intended behavior thanks to decino's videos and noclipping to see what's going on. This affects, for example, level's 6 final fight (the waiting for arachnotrons to spawn in becomes super long) and level's 7 fight in cross-shaped room: first, there is a long delay between cyberdemon and revenants, which makes this fight way easier, and secondly the wall blocking the switch to elevator down (after the fight) takes a loooong time to uncover the switch.

Does the bug occur if you pass the -complevel 9 parameter upon launching PrBoom+?

On 3/23/2021 at 4:02 PM, Andromeda said:

Does the bug occur if you pass the -complevel 9 parameter upon launching PrBoom+?

Well, I am an idiot, Decino asked the same in the comments. I will retest with -complevel 9 (I was sure it's the default). It was probably this.

On 4/12/2021 at 6:21 AM, Tomash said:

Well, I am an idiot, Decino asked the same in the comments. I will retest with -complevel 9 (I was sure it's the default). It was probably this.

Default is it's own complevel, always be sure to set the proper complevel when using PRBoom+

Also...is that an owl on your shoulder?