Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Capellan

100 lines (final link now active)

Capellan said:

Membrain
A fun to play map, though rather ugly on the whole. The caco in the ending room is a bit of a pointless monster, but that's hardly a terrible flaw.

Heh. I actually added him in there as a bit of a joke. Other than that, I just wanted to make a hell-themed level, as I don't often make them, and to shake up my monster usage with a few more of the heavy hitters.

Demonologist said:

@ Capellan:[/b] you listed my 1st map twice. Also Archi approved his 3rd map for the release

Updated OP

joe-ilya said:
This is getting to 32 maps already.
Will this be megawad?

map15 should include a secret if so.

Obsidian has said he will be putting together (one or two) megawad files. He made a map15 with a secret exit. scifista42 is working on a map31.

skillsaw said:
placement in mapset doesn't matter to me.

Based on that, I've moved skillsaw's map into the "OK for idgames" list.

traversd said:
Happy for it to be included in a pack however that unfolds. not fussed on placement - no sky etc.

And also traversd.

Mikle said:

It is desirable to sky 1 or 2.

And Mikle.

I'm gonna say no to my map being included in any wad collection, seeing as it's just one room and I'm beginning to realise that this project should be a little more than stuff like that. :V I might give another map a shot though!

Gee, why not just asking which map NOT to include rather than wait for stance of dozens of guys.

Because I'd rather miss including a map that it would have been OK to use than risk including any which the author(s) didn't want uploaded.

Only 15 maps from 9 mappers which are unclear, at this point. That's manageable. I'll PM them come the end of the month, if need be.

In the mean time, there's no reason to stop making maps, people :) (just remember to specify if they are OK for idgames when you post them)

There should be room. Counting your initial map (but not the secret message one) we currently have 29 maps OK'd for idgames. However, they come in a couple of widely different types, so I think making two separate wads would be the best idea, which gives us 64 available slots.

I suggest:

100lineT.wad - maps with more or less traditional Doom play
100lineU.wad - maps with unconventional playstyles

Where exactly the dividing line gets drawn is up for consideration.

Is it alright if I have my MAP15 and MAP30 ones in? It's alright if you want Da Spadger's IoS fight instead of mine. :P

uhm... i don't known how to remove unused linedefs with doom builder 2 8or other editor), yeah what a n00b, anyway if i'll how to manage to delete unused linedefs i'll said my first map, since the other one doesn't like at you guys...

Or, much better, i'll do another level that follows the criteria of the project...

Obsidian said:

Is it alright if I have my MAP15 and MAP30 ones in? It's alright if you want Da Spadger's IoS fight instead of mine. :P

It's fine for you to have them in. I just hadn't seen anything specific to say that you wanted them to be :) (I assume your 'Utter Crap' map is not for inclusion?)

What do you think of the idea of having 2 different wads? Since you'll be the one doing the work :)

walter confalonieri said:

uhm... i don't known how to remove unused linedefs with doom builder 2 8or other editor), yeah what a n00b, anyway if i'll how to manage to delete unused linedefs i'll said my first map, since the other one doesn't like at you guys...

Or, much better, i'll do another level that follows the criteria of the project...

I can remove the necessary linedef or two if you don't know how but want the maps included.

filesmelt seems to be down right now, but I'll download it when I can and take a look. Really, as long as it aims to meet the 5 rules, it counts :)

I'll repeat once more since I don't want for any confusion to occur: my 2nd map isn't tied to 27 slot anymore (it's map01 in-wad now) and can be placed anywhere, though I suppose it would be placed towards the end anyway if progressing difficulty of the maps will be chosen as the defining factor.

And I wonder what should be included in a .wad with 'unconventional gameplay'... I don't think there's too many experimental maps in here, as long as you don't consider slaughterfests and other hard stuff to be the case.

Tuxlar's mirror works, so I will check out the map tonight.

Map27 reference for Burrow removed.

As far as the traditional/unconventional split goes, I guess everyone will draw the line in a different place. But I think we're going to end up with more than 32 maps and I would rather split them more or less evenly into two separate wads, rather than have 27 in one and 8 in the other, or anything like that :)

We can use 'non-traditional' (100lineN) if the 'unconventional' terminology is an issue.

MAP31 with Wolfenstein textures finally done. Totally meant to be a secret map. Built with special care to deathmatch. Enjoy!

Title: Wolfen-Stain :D
Built time: Three or four days
Music: Reverie intermission
Tested with: PrBoom-plus and Zandronum. There's a real risk that problems may occur in other ports.
Coop: Yes
Deathmatch: Yes, and good I believe
Difficulties: Yes
Idgames: Yes, please ;)

Special tip for playing this map: don't use rocket launcher when standing on a lift that just raises.

Added Scifista's new map to the OP. Brings us to 32 confirmed "idgames OK" maps. I'm pretty sure some of the 'unclear' ones will be as well, and I have a 4th map in progress (all layout and textures done; just started working on things), so we're definitely going to need 2 separate files.

"Bridge Over Troubled Nukage"

I wanted to play with a 100 lines map built around a bridge, since those tend to use a lot of linedefs. This was the result. Uses only Doom 1 monsters (and only E1 weapons). Starts off pretty easy but the end game should be quite fun.

Just chipping in to approve of splitting the maps into two seperate .wads. I'd also like to see my map feature in the "traditional" camp, if possible.*

I understand that Obsidian is overseeing the map compilation, but I think it's worth holding out for a good few weeks or more while there remains a healthy influx of maps, and to polish up and provide skill settings to better the end product. Not to say that this more steady approach wasn't already considered or on the cards of course -- the speed of development slightly threw me off, is all.

Anyway, there's a few more maps in the pipeline on my end. They should be tagging along shortly.

scifista42 said:

MAP31 with Wolfenstein textures finally done. Totally meant to be a secret map. Built with special care to deathmatch. Enjoy!

Hugely enjoyable level, scifista! The map is really resourceful in its line use and took me upward of 5 minutes to finish (those sneaky cybers kept on telling me where to stick it). It also looks just as good as it plays.
Dynamic. Engaging. Wolfenstain.

*/idgames approval!

GAZE UPON THE BRINK OF DEATH AND DESPAIR!

Ahem.

Map name: The Brink of Death
Map slot: MAP30
Build time: 1 day
Difficulty settings: Sort of
Tested in: ZDoom, PrBoom
Story: While I was compiling some of the more hardcore maps that were submitted, I realized that the original MAP30 I made(Core Crash) just didn't have enough oomph. So I made a new MAP30 to compliment some of the trickier maps in the wad. I'd prefer to use this over Core Crash, but I'll leave the final verdict to Adam.

Oh, just checking it's okay to re-use/remix (that is, add about twice as many linedefs and pretty up) my map for my own project? There's a few differences thus far, so they're not identical - but if this ain't cool I can make another for my own project, no problem.

I plan to check out all the new wads tomorrow night.

st.alfonzo said:

Just chipping in to approve of splitting the maps into two seperate .wads. I'd also like to see my map feature in the "traditional" camp, if possible.

I understand that Obsidian is overseeing the map compilation, but I think it's worth holding out for a good few weeks or more while there remains a healthy influx of maps, and to polish up and provide skill settings to better the end product.

I'd certainly put your map on the traditional side of the line, right now. As far as a release goes, I don't think we'll put any compiled wads together until at least after this weekend. When exactly it happens will depend on whether wads are still coming in. We have slowed down a little now I think, after the initial rush.

It would definitely be good to get more feedback on the maps, though, and putting them into 'easy to use' megawads might help with that.

Obsidian said:

I'd prefer to use this over Core Crash, but I'll leave the final verdict to Adam.

You know you could always withdraw Core Crash from idgames permission, if it came to it :)

We might also end up with other map30 candidates (or map07s, map15s, etc), so that's a factor.

Jayextee said:

Oh, just checking it's okay to re-use/remix (that is, add about twice as many linedefs and pretty up) my map for my own project?

It's fine by me. It's your work, after all :)

I also made an update to Sins to fix a gore decoration that was levitating for some reason. OP updated.

My map can surely go on idgames, if you find some place for it. Super secret map perhaps?

My map can surely go on idgames, if you find some place for it. Super secret map perhaps?

Capellan said:

I can remove the necessary linedef or two if you don't know how but want the maps included.

Ok, look, the map is the same in the OP post, work on that...

Made a small change to 'Bridge' (link is unchanged). While doing that, I realised that the level could easily be adapted to have a 2nd exit. So if we end up needing two map15s, it's an option.

walter confalonieri said:

Ok, look, the map is the same in the OP post, work on that...

Also did an edit to Walter's first map to make it 100 lines, which I've uploaded here. It's just a tweak to the layout of sectors 4 and 5.

If you're happy with it, let me know and I'll update the link in the OP and move it to the 'ok for idgames' list :)