Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sergeant_Mark_IV

(ZDoom) The Ultimate Icon of Sin

I love the idea of this wad, and think it's very inventive and well done. I look forward to playing it as it looks awesome.

I am willing to do any kind of voice acting if you're still looking for voice actors. Just tell me what needs to be recorded and it will be done.

That was some serious necroposting

(also obligatory "The IOS was already awesome!" post)

mouldy said:

Interesting idea, I like the epic atmosphere of it, though the boss looks a little goofy to me. I think its the way his waist is so thin and his legs are splayed apart, it looks like he's hunched over and thrusting his groin at you. Considering he doesn't actually walk anywhere I'd be tempted to get rid of the legs and just give him a snake-like body, or have his lower half obscured by flames or something. Also his arms look a bit copy-and-paste, i'd get rid of the extra ones and turn those ones at the top into bony wings maybe.

Playing as I do without mouselook, getting close enough to shoot at him all I can see is his crotch, and it looks like I'm firing rockets at his testicles. Not sure if that was the idea or not, but its a shame that I can't really see him while I'm fighting him. I'd move the whole thing down, here's something I knocked up in photoshop to show the kind of suggestions I'm making:
***Insert awesomeness here...***

This was something I was thinking of for a third stage of the Icon. I imagined that when you first face off against it, you'd be fighting the classic skull-in-the-wall. After it loses a third of its health, the map shifts and morphs, showing the boss pulling away from the wall, and you see its entire body, like what we see here in the mod. This would be its second stage.

Once you lower the abomination to its final third of health, its uppermost two arms are engulfed with flames, as it transforms them into two humongous wings. They'd be like that edit there, but I imagined the wings would be about three times larger than this edit. Anyway, he and you are then transported to a city with lots of sky scrapers currently being invaded by monsters. He walks through the city, while you try to shoot at him and fend off against monsters.

What do you guys think?