• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fletcher`

Heretic: Curse of Darkness

Ragnor said:

Hahaha, you used Diablo's Telekinesis icon :p

3/4 of the spell Icons are from Diablo.--modified or repurposed. :D

I think the shop UI image impresses me the most - I wasn't even aware that was possible in ZDoom. Interested to poke at the code for it...

Those new shots look sweet. I love the way you created a typical Welsh home in the first shot there and that crossbow looks bloody awesome. I'm intrigued to know what the brown cannon thing is but I guess I'll find out when I play it. Excellent stuff so far sunshine.

Well that looks incredible.

(Also wanted to mention that Castlevania: Curse of Darkness is a really great game)

Is this going to be open world? Maybe like a smaller-scale Skyrim or STALKER? Will there be towns with people you can talk to and do quests for? Multiple dungeons?

DooM_RO said:

Is this going to be open world? Maybe like a smaller-scale Skyrim or STALKER? Will there be towns with people you can talk to and do quests for?

Not really. Its set up more like Hexen or Strife's hubs. The quest page is for the main storyline for now.

Loving those new shots man! The golden trimmed crossbow is pretty cool looking and the overgrown vines in the last shot are auto-win.

I have another question or rather request....what about making the sidhe protagonist female?

Or rather in order to make a 'true' rpg I think you should also introduce classes as well (Fighter, Thief, Mage, etc) 'race' (Human, Sidhe, etc) and also Gender (Female, Male etc).

Also not to mention having a inventory system like in Amulets and Armor, Elder Scrolls, etc and also even having a dice roll system for kicks (doesn't have to implemented though) which it would be throw back to the 90s era RPG games.

Also lastly if not least, what female monsters as well like Lamias, Medusas, Succubus, etc like in Daggerfall?

Nightmare Doom said:

I have another question or rather request....what about making the sidhe protagonist female?

Or rather in order to make a 'true' rpg I think you should also introduce classes as well (Fighter, Thief, Mage, etc) 'race' (Human, Sidhe, etc) and also Gender (Female, Male etc).

Also not to mention having a inventory system like in Amulets and Armor, Elder Scrolls, etc and also even having a dice roll system for kicks (doesn't have to implemented though) which it would be throw back to the 90s era RPG games.

Also lastly if not least, what female monsters as well like Lamias, Medusas, Succubus, etc like in Daggerfall?

That's a bit too much to ask. I'd have to scrap 3/4 of what I've already done just to do a custom class system. The weapon/spell/stat system is already complex enough that adding multiple player classes would be too much.

BlackFish said:

Is there going to be a 16:9 version of the statusbar? I could find time next weekend to help you make one if needed.

The statusbar isn't the problem. some of the weapons (mostly just the bows) aren't widescreen friendly.

rf` said:

That's a bit too much to ask. I'd have to scrap 3/4 of what I've already done just to do a custom class system. The weapon/spell/stat system is already complex enough that adding multiple player classes would be too much.

Well I think the custom class system is out of the question then. But maybe though it's still possible you can make the protagonist female though since that's more easier to do than the custom class system.

Oh wait...is there even a custom female corvus like sidhe sprite anywhere? Well maybe there's sprite artists in the ZDoom forums but here in this community is mostly where the vanilla purists reside so you won't find any here, maybe I should ask the same question in the ZDoom forums.

This is looking pretty goddamn awesome! Even though I didn't particularly enjoy Heretic as much as the Doom games, it's nice to see it getting some modding love too. If you're looking for someone to compose music, I'd be glad to help.

Dododamian said:

Is this project Dead?

No, actually. Just taking a break to work on Hocusdoom until I feel up to getting back into it. Its a big project for one person. :P

rf` said:

No, actually. Just taking a break to work on Hocusdoom until I feel up to getting back into it. Its a big project for one person. :P

Wow, I hadn't seen this before; it looks amazing! On the other hand, I want Hocusdoom finished up posthaste. :D

rf` said:

K thanks I just asked because no updates were coming.