Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shadowman

Hellfire: Dreams

Hello! I'd like to present you my new wad.
This wad consists of 12 maps, and it's continuing the theme of "Hellfire". At this time our Doomguy is sleeping, and he sees different dreams, which are consisting of a reality mixed with a virtual reality, but the hellfire is haunting him even while he's asleep, forcing him to examine his dreams to the end ...
What shall he see in the end? You'll find out, if you'll finish this wad.

As for the "Hellfire: Dreams"' time of development, it is one of the so called "long-term making" wads: for one of it's maps was made in April-May of 2012, and initially I wasn't planning to include it in this wad. But the main work on it came in September of 2012 'till Summer of 2013.
Enjoy the game!

Prboom-plus is recommended! (complevel 9)

Screens:

A temporal link #1:
http://yadi.sk/d/Bp0rD5ZQ8YJ8u
A temporal link #2
http://www.darkwatcher.narod.ru/DoomWads/Boom/HellfireDreams/hfd.zip
A temporal link #3
http://rghost.ru/48504349

I'm sorry, but the first link doesn't work for me and the second always interrupts downloading while somewhere around a middle.

Screenshots are looking very good and promising, I wonder how the gameplay would be, would like to try it.

The first link eventually started working and I was able to download the wad. First level seemed suspisiously familiar, then I figured out why.

Jayextee: It's apparently Boom compatible. "Wad should be played preferably in PrBoom-Plus, with -complevel 9.", says the text file.

EDIT: OK, it's said :)

It looks very atmospheric judging by the shots, I have downloaded it but might not be able to play too much into it until I sort out my old computer. I know I'll enjoy this however, as all the other wads I've played by you were excellent.

the trigger that started the elevators in the dead simple map after you kill the arachnotrons didnt work properly for me in zdoom, needed to clip up to the alcoves with the switches. after that the elevators started working.

the map set isn't my cup of tea i gotta admit.

I'm enjoying them a great deal, but starting to worry that a lot of the vital ammo is locked away in secrets. I gave up on killing Hell Knights pretty quickly for that reason, haha. but if you want the levels to stay hard then leave them that way, man, I think they're great!

I played the first 2 levels and I gotta say that this is amazing! 5/5!

I'm still playing the kamasutra wad. When I've finished it, I will continue this awesome wad!

Was a beta of this released before? Because I've played some of this maps before with different textures. Like Ruined Street used to be made out of the Doom 2 city brown brick windows and not the current textures and have a sector truck.

Tarnsman said:

Was a beta of this released before? Because I've played some of this maps before with different textures. Like Ruined Street used to be made out of the Doom 2 city brown brick windows and not the current textures and have a sector truck.

The first map seemed familiar to me, and some later ones too. It's apparently similar to Hellfire 2 levels, and I believe it's deliberate, as I've read even several Hellfire 2 levels were Hellfire 1 remakes, being Shadowman's favourite practice :) I like it.

I've myself played to MAP08 up to now and I must say it's great. For a long time (until MAP06!) I've had only a shotgun and chaingun, and Shadowman, you're a true master of balance. Playing this is a joy. The visual style is distinct and pleases my eye better than I would expect from something such... 64-grid like. From a certain point in the game, the style and gameplay changes direction, and now I'm getting impressed by every new area. Just great job!

Some of the maps are a remake of the earlier maps, the other ones (map 01-02, 06-07) - in part similar to the earlier work. The remaining maps (map 08 stands out especially) are completely new.

The city, like a real one, predetermines some similarity between the maps.