Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phobus

[Release] Escalation II: Centurion Night now out

Phobus said:
I'm just dragging and dropping the .WAD and demo onto the executable.

Yeah, that's how it should work :o

A pity the demo desyncs on your side. As you know, desynchronizations usually happen when two people have different versions of a wad. I downloaded ph_e0100.wad yesterday and only tried it tonight, but it doesn't seem there was any update in the meantime...

I'm no demo expert though, so there may be other causes.

And yeah I did enjoy the map :)

It also happens when people use terribly outdated port versions with many demo compatibility bugs.

I'll take that as a cue to update my prboom-plus, then! Never mind, I'm up to date already... Really shows how little I know about prboom-plus now :(

Phobus said:

I'll take that as a cue to update my prboom-plus, then! Never mind, I'm up to date already... Really shows how little I know about prboom-plus now :(

Memfis was actually making fun of my old and faithful PrBoom 2.5.0. :)

That was actually a jab at Wilou, who still uses some archaic prboom (not even plus) version. But I just tried fastforwarding his demo and it reached the intermission screen so the problem must be in something else. Maybe Phobus changed something in his copy of the wad without noticing...

I've just redownloaded the map, the demo and prboom-plus - it still acts as though he's reacting to something I'm not seeing when he walks up to the blue key door after seeing the mastermind. I'm stumped...

I'm digging the series so far. How many are you gonna make? Also, are you gonna merge them into a single wad? That'd be cool.

My current ambition is to go for 250, 500, 1000, 2000 and 4000 monsters, so another 5. I imagine I'll need to use UDMF for ph_e2000 and onwards, as I want to avoid going into slaughter territory with this series, which will mean huge layouts, and I imagine having some automatic saves would be welcome in maps of that scale, as would the ability to change music! I'll keep the mapping largely classic, though I do really want to use 3D floors.

As for compiling them into a mapset... Doesn't seem like a good idea with how I'm balancing the maps so far! I might try and embark on an episode or megaWAD using this formula afterwards, but that's well off into the future.