Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Most complex zdoom wad?

What are a few examples of zdoom wads that really push the limitations of the port and doom in general? Whether by scripting, graphics, etc. I know when I was completing the second community mapping project, the experience to me was as complex as any AAA game out there atm.

Many mods have pushed ZDoom to its limits, with the eventual result of the limits being moved back further. ZDCMP2 is probably the largest, most complex map available at the moment. It's big enough that DB2 runs into memory management issues when editing it.

Aeons of Death is infamous for being an eclectic grab-bag of just about everything. It was responsible for having hit the maximum number of lumps that could be handled by the resource manager, before it was raised to a ludicrous value (over two billions).

You may want to take a look at Urban Brawl and Harmony. Both feature graphics in much higher res than usual. UB also has some impressive scripting.

KDIZD, Paranoia, Daedalus, and RTC-3057 are worth a look, too.
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Category:WADs_created_for_ZDoom

Gez said:

Many mods have pushed ZDoom to its limits, with the eventual result of the limits being moved back further. ZDCMP2 is probably the largest, most complex map available at the moment. It's big enough that DB2 runs into memory management issues when editing it.

Aeons of Death is infamous for being an eclectic grab-bag of just about everything. It was responsible for having hit the maximum number of lumps that could be handled by the resource manager, before it was raised to a ludicrous value (over two billions).

You may want to take a look at Urban Brawl and Harmony. Both feature graphics in much higher res than usual. UB also has some impressive scripting.

KDIZD, Paranoia, Daedalus, and RTC-3057 are worth a look, too.
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Category:WADs_created_for_ZDoom

I'm looking for something that pushes the limits in the same way as ZDCMP2, Urban Brawl and Harmony weren't doom-y enough for my tastes. Object 34 Sonar is good, but it doesn't vary enough from "fetch the keys" (then again, perhaps I just haven't played it enough)

There's a map in the archive called "void" by cyb. It does just about everything zdoom is capable of.