Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alienzombie101

Taggart Difficulty Mod, V1.9.5

TDM v1.9.5 Released

I'd beaten all the original DooM IWADs using the Hard Doom mod and I have to say it was a blast. I always found that there wasn't enough of the original DooM content in the mod. It was DooM, but not DooM. So, I'm taking a different approach. The same monsters, different taste of Hell.

DropBox: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvch41h6y9e60pa/TDMv195.zip?dl=0
ModDB: http://www.moddb.com/mods/taggart-difficulty-mod/downloads

GENERAL

-HD Sounds by Perkristian

DIFFICULTY LEVELS

I'm too young to die
-No Auto Use Health for inventory health pickups
-Normal Icon of Sin spawn rate

Hey, Not too rough
-Normal Icon of Sin spawn rate

MONSTERS

-General: Zombies have multiple variants to add variety to your former brethren. Projectiles come out of where they would logically come from, not the middle of the monster’s face. Monsters also all have the correct blood color, and projectiles come out of where they’re supposed to, rather than the middle of their face.
-Lost Soul: Randomly replaced by Forgotten One (Lost Soul that follows you during attacks). Lost Souls do not bleed when shot.
-Zombie Man: Attacks with rapid three round bursts at close range (vanilla accuracy), more accurate single shots at long range (50% better accuracy). No longer continuous fire.
-Shotgun Guy: Random SSG Zombie replacer, 1 in 4 odds of spawn. Normal one fires same amount of pellets as player.
-Chaingun Guy: Random Double Chaingunner variant, 1 in 4 odds. Double chaingunner drops 2. chainguns upon death. They both fire more accurate bursts at long range, full auto at close range.
-Imp: 50% chance of the imp ball chasing you down like the Revenant's missile. The tracking ball is slower than the standard imp ball. Additionally, there is a 20% chance an imp will be replaced with a variant that throws a Baron plasma ball, of which, does not home.
-Demon: Randomly replaced by Blood Demon (Exact same attributes, except double the health). Also, they have a base damage of 4 rather than 6.
-Spectre: Same
-Cacodemon: Attack that launches 3 rather than one in a spread pattern like the Enhanced Caco
-Pain Elemental: Now has a melee attack with same range and damage as Cacodemon
-Arachnotron: Fire rate that matches the player's plasmagun
-Revenant: Fire 2 rockets, one from each shoulder
-Mancubus: Has randomly chosen patterns of projectiles. No more rehearsed patterns to get past their fireballs.
-Hell Knight/Baron of Hell: Random attack of 1,2, or 3 plasma balls.
-Spider Mastermind: Increase health to match that of the Cyberdemon
-Wolfenstein SS: Automatic fire rather than slow fire
-Stealth Monsters: Spectre style, cause that invisible crap annoys the hell outta me.

ORIGINAL POST FROM ZDOOM.ORG: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=36448

I'm the original developer, just different username.