Should be mapping
I'll work on that. I forgot to think about the door to make it faster.
It's off to a pretty good start. Running around in it for a minute, my impression is:
1. Layout is too "compartmentalized" for ideal dm action.
2. Some of the hallways, passages, doorways are cramped and would be more pleasing to play if they were significantly widened. Consider having doors open faster, if you really want doors.
3. Some walls can be removed, or doorways vastly widened, to allow more visibility into areas, from other areas. For example, the pretty plasma room, with all those pillars, would be better if the outside walls were opened up into other areas, with the pillars serving as cover. Get rid of a few walls, make windows or have column structures separating areas, not complete walls.
At first, the pretty plasma room was supposed to be the central room. But as usual, the drawing of the map and the result is always the complete oposite. Should've thought of putting windows.
4. The central area with soul sphere could be opened up a bit, surrounding walls modified to allow more visibility across the map and allow more manuvering room through that area.
Actually, the soul sphere room was the first room I made and since I haven't made a map since last year, I forgot about the lenght of a linedef. I viewed the result when my map was almost finished so it was a bit too late.
4. Weapons are pretty scarce, it'd be good to have at least two of such weapons as shotguns and chainguns. I did not check out any of the dm starts, just solo mode. Hopefully there is some sort of weapon not too far from the spawn spots.
In MP, you spawn near a weapon, I checked that.
Thanks for the reply Biffy, I'll try to make a map with these consideration in my head.