Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2014 - final versions up

Uhm... i think that you put an earlier version of fellowzdoomer map on the final wad, i remember that was added more stuff to the map...

Anyway cool maps guys! Dhu Man Yuu and dogu gabu maru are the very best of the bunch, but overall lots of quality maps here!

The majority of these maps are really great, I'm enjoying it! Looking forward to playing the other maps :)

If you are making another vanilla/Boom release, could you change my name to just Doomkid, without the 92? If not, it doesn't matter at all.

Anyway, other than 3 or 4 joke/dud maps, these were all awesome.

VERSION 4: DMP2014v4.zip (boom/doom2 compatibility)

- changed Doomkid's name
- added cannonball's textures
- added newest version of fellowzdoomer's map
- added sincity2100's map
- later CWILV gfx will be fixed in the final version

TimeOfDeath said:

VERSION 4: DMP2014v4.zip (boom/doom2 compatibility)

- changed Doomkid's name
- added cannonball's textures
- added newest version of fellowzdoomer's map
- added sincity2100's map
- later CWILV gfx will be fixed in the final version

good

Holy fuck, joe. I haven't been on these forums for a while, but I just can't believe how much your mapping has improved. Good job, man!!

Sincity's vanilla map uses a custom switch defined through the Boom SWITCHES lump (but somehow it works in PrBoom-plus -complevel 2). Said level also crashes Chocolate Doom. Shouldn't it be better placed in the Boom section?

That group of levels is vanilla/limit-removing, so people shouldn't use chocolate doom to play them. Not sure why I wrote limit-removing next to his map, but if it works in complevel 2 then I'd like to keep it there, otherwise I'd have to rename a bunch of lumps and make new cwilv gfx etc.

I'm having trouble compiling the zdoom wad. Everyone's using different methods for textures/flats/mapinfo etc. Is there an easy way to compile this?

schwerpunk said:

Holy fuck, joe. I haven't been on these forums for a while, but I just can't believe how much your mapping has improved. Good job, man!!

I also have to admit this one.

TimeOfDeath said:

I'm having trouble compiling the zdoom wad. Everyone's using different methods for textures/flats/mapinfo etc. Is there an easy way to compile this?

Do you tried compile everything in pk3 format?

I haven't used pk3 format before, so I'm probably doing something wrong, but I added all 8 wads to a zip file and renamed to pk3, renamed each wad filename MAP01/MAP02/etc - but after loading in zdoom 271, it starts on MAP08.wad, uses the wrong mapinfo for that map, and doing "nextmap" in the console sends it to doom2.wad map02.

You need to update the mapname marker inside each wad, and if some of the maps contain their own MAPINFO, you need to update it with the proper map name / map slot / next map too. If some maps used map-specific scripts (calling a map 1 script specifically), it's going to be even harder.

ZDOOM VERSION 1: zDMP2014v1.pk3 (62MB)

Requires one of the new unofficial dev builds of zdoom here because of FireSeraphim's map.

zDMP2014v1.pk3

zdoom

1 = FireSeraphim
2 = Scypek2
3 = obake
4 = Eradrop
5 = the_miano
6 = Getsu Fune
7 = DMGUYDZ64
8 = Toxie Rocks
Thanks a lot for the help scifista42.

Cell, not sure if I'll start a dmp2015. But if I do, there won't be any new stuff allowed, just stock stuff from doom2.wad.

TimeOfDeath said:

not sure if I'll start a dmp2015. But if I do, there won't be any new stuff allowed, just stock stuff from doom2.wad.

It's not going to be a popular decision, but I personally agree, it worked well in DMP2012 and I really like to work with the stock textures. However, it means that I'll have to retexture or completely redo my map in progress. Fair enough, I should have finished it in 2014.

TimeOfDeath said:

not sure if I'll start a dmp2015. But if I do, there won't be any new stuff allowed, just stock stuff from doom2.wad.

I don't really think stock textures only for the next DMP is a good idea at all. I kinda like the stock textures, but there will be people who will want to use custom textures in their map.

I haven't used custom textures for any of my submissions, haha. Maybe just include the Doom I and Final Doom stuff for a bit of variety?

Played the zdoom maps with latest gzdoom svn, found some bugs like:

- After you finish fireseraphim map, you been send into map29
- map02 map05 and map06 uses the same midi from map02, just change the music filename into another name that aren't d_runnin

If someone else would like to start a dmp2015 thread with no limits and keep the thread updated and compile the maps, that's cool with me.

walter confalonieri said:

Played the zdoom maps with latest gzdoom svn, found some bugs like:

- After you finish fireseraphim map, you been send into map29
- map02 map05 and map06 uses the same midi from map02, just change the music filename into another name that aren't d_runnin

Thanks walter. I changed the music names and mapinfos for 2/5/6.

In FireSeraphim's map I changed the "Dsparil_3" script to teleport to map02 instead of 29. I can't open udmf maps on my computer, so I'm not sure if that's the only way to exit the map. Can someone confirm?

Is the reason for the 60 meg download music tracks? If it is, could someone please remove only the music and upload it to mediafire or something? I have shit-tastic internet but would love to see the maps.

I would be really grateful if someone did this!

I guess if this project is just about done, I could play it on stream after I finish Resurgence for the DWMegawad Club. Or is it still finalising?

Hoping for a bit more positive consistency over last year's DMP.

TimeOfDeath said:

Cell, not sure if I'll start a dmp2015.

That'd be quite a shame.

But if I do, there won't be any new stuff allowed, just stock stuff from doom2.wad.

Well, see, I wouldn't care. I've gotten to be restricted to D2's stock, with even missing UD-only stuff.

Been awhile since I posted, but since the zVersion is up, I thought I better. My map, though playable, still needs work. I put off finishing it because I'd spent so much time and had gotten tired of it. If there is going to be updates to DMP2014 then count on a tweaked version of my level. If not, then I guess I'll release it by itself for anyone who cares.

I already have a DWMP2015 map in development. It uses custom textures so I really hope you change your mind, TimeOfDeath. I do understand why you wouldn't want the hassle, though.

Downloaded zVersion and have played a bit of it. Like Scypek's level still. Those mustard and ketchup colored rooms are blindingly ugly, but in a good way. The gameplay is simple and challenging. There are a few texture misalignments I noticed, which mostly seem to be the result of not unpegging upper and/or lower textures. Here are screens:

Spoiler

Given the art direction of the map, it's possible this is intentional. Still thought it worth bringing up in case Scypek would like to change these.

Anyone who's played the zDoom levels, let me know what you think of my map. Always up for constructive criticism.

TimeOfDeath said:

Cell, not sure if I'll start a dmp2015. But if I do, there won't be any new stuff allowed, just stock stuff from doom2.wad. [/B]

I don't agree with this decision, but it's your choice. I just think new textures/monsters allowed have made the mega projects so much more interesting and personal. To each their own, I guess.

I follow the idea of obsidian using the doom 1 and final doom texture pack for the next project... or just use a limited selection of new textures (like 10 or something similar?)

dobu gabu maru said:

Yeah I third the idea that I'd rather have a DWMP2015 with stock textures than none at all.

Fourthed. You already made a tradition ToD, don't let it loose please.

Suitepee said:

I guess if this project is just about done, I could play it on stream after I finish Resurgence for the DWMegawad Club. Or is it still finalising?

Hoping for a bit more positive consistency over last year's DMP.

It's still finalizing. Once it's all done, I will be there to watch! :D

My opinion on the 2014 Mega Project is that it is merely...okay.

Personally I didn't find the vanilla/limit-removing and boom levels all that interesting. They weren't bad, but as a set they lacked diversity.

I know I sound biased every time I say it, but the zdoom portion steals the show once more. This time, almost all of the zdoom-based maps rely heavily on new and custom resources. A handful of these maps shine bright (such as Toxie Rocks), but a lot of them have issues in terms of length or gameplay, including mine.

A good thing is that the entire set has a lot less "joke" maps. Don't get me wrong, I love joke maps when done right, such as Kate Stone's level from last year's project. Her map was still playable and fun, something a lot of joke maps aren't.

Overall, I am a bit disappointed by the 2014 set, though I am far from saying it is bad.