Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Canofbacon

The Canofbacon Challenge

So basically I teamed up with Linkrulezall to create a simple mod for Doom 2. What this mod does is it makes your fist kill every enemy in one hit. The catch is that you get no guns to use. Also you begin the game with your health at 1, and there is no Medikits. Also, see how fast you can complete the level while killing every enemy possible. Don't cheat. This mod should work with all custom maps that don't have custom weapons or health items. The file size is like 3kb so everyone should be able to download this. If you write a reply to this thread and tell me how you did that would be cool.

If you want to try this mod, here is the download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5k63l5aio1jkhs7/Canofbacon+Challenge.zip

So basically here's how this came into being. Canofbacon contacted me on Steam earlier today with his idea and I wanted to see what it would be like. He left to walk his dogs and by the time he had come back I had whipped up most of the code here (he added a couple of extras).

So yeah, this is purposely unfair as hell and I'm as curious as he is to see how you all do at this.

Is this for some specific port? Doesn't work in PrBoom 2.5. Tried both drag-and-drop and command line.

Zed said:

Is this for some specific port? Doesn't work in PrBoom 2.5. Tried both drag-and-drop and command line.

Well it uses DECORATE, so I assume it works on anything Zdoom based. Sorry for not mentioning that sooner

Seems kind of easy since you didn't take away all health, just medikits, and the fist is quite fast and doesn't alert monsters now. Especially with ZDoom hitscan checks, which is kind of needed to punch out the fatter enemies. As long as you don't get killed at the start of a map while scrounging for health initially you should be ok.

Am I supposed to play each level from pistol fist start?

This would only take a few minutes to do in DeHackEd if anyone wants it. Though I'm not sure the non-alerting punches are possible.

Haha, simple but very fun. Just tried it in MAP01 gibbing everything in front of me. Reminds me of Independence Doom. Keep up the good work guys.

EDIT: @plums: I liked the fact that the fist doesn't alert monsters. Otherwise, it would be very difficult.

Yeah the stealth fist was a good choice, I don't know that it's possible in Dehacked unfortunately. Maybe it's best if this stays ZDoom only then.

It is kind of fun, at least on levels without too many hitscanners. Sending monsters flying with one hit is nice.