Ready to start reviewing again. :-)

Now that the hard part of actually getting the site back online is nearly finished, I am ready to start looking at kicking up the reviews again. It has been 7 years, after all. lol
So, if you have a map you would like reviewed, please feel free to contact me through any of the email links on pretty much every page on the site (there are hundreds and hundreds of them). If you want to see what your review would look like on the site, just head on over there and check out the reviews - I have them for Doom, Doom 2 and Doom 3 - http://www.doomwadstation.net
There are rules however You can only submit your own maps for consideration They must be original - meaning you can't use any of the original maps from any of those games as a base, nor can it use the base of someone elses map. It must be complete - No HOM's, etc... Lastly, it should at least be a decent map. If I get something with no detail and no imagination, I'll reject it altogether, but I will provide feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Brad_tilf said:

You can only submit your own maps

:( And I already was hoping to get a review of Marswar when I saw the topic title.

Share this post


Link to post

Ya, I do that for a reason. If I wanted to review random maps I could just go into the archives and start working away, but I would rather have the request come from the author

Share this post


Link to post

I've got some stuff. I'd personally suggest Hell's Asylum or The Stars of Styx, since I consider those two my strongest works.

Share this post


Link to post

Cool. Keep em coming. I'll do as many as I can but probably no more than 1 a day

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like I need to do more bugfixing. :/ Thanks for reviewing it though, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Share this post


Link to post

Could you put them in zip files with text files please?

cq75 said:

I'd like some feedback on hardweps, just two maps (MAP01, MAP02)

http://www.ifocserv.net/ftp/Random/HardWeps_r2.wad

vanilla doom 2 compatible but I recommend whatever engine you find most comfortable because these two maps are very hard, especially on UV.

Share this post


Link to post

You can now upload your maps - please include text file and zip them up.
Here's the info:

FTP username: incoming@doomwadstation.net
FTP server: ftp.doomwadstation.net

I'm not permitted anonymous connections so the password is:
Incomingmaps$

Share this post


Link to post

it's not really a final release but I guess I can make a text file, sure

what do you want in the text file? the standard /idgames stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Brad_tilf said:

You can now upload your maps - please include text file and zip them up.
Here's the info:

FTP username: incoming@doomwadstation.net
FTP server: ftp.doomwadstation.net

I'm not permitted anonymous connections so the password is:
Incomingmaps$


auth failed.

i recently created a map and wanted to upload it but it's not working. i used a 1-click filehoster instead:

http://www.xup.in/dl,44386984/gate.zip/

if you want to, you can download it there and check it out. i wouldn't mind if you host it on your site. dunno if it's worth for reviewing. it's just a small deathmatch map.

thread is here:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/67455-q3dm1-a-re-interpretation-for-doom/

Share this post


Link to post

Agree on most of the stuff you wrote on Bossed. I'm currently working on a sequel for it which is probably better, I hope. Did you play through the other maps?

Share this post


Link to post
C30N9 said:

Agree on most of the stuff you wrote on Bossed. I'm currently working on a sequel for it which is probably better, I hope. Did you play through the other maps?


not yet

Share this post


Link to post
zzzornbringer said:

auth failed.

i recently created a map and wanted to upload it but it's not working. i used a 1-click filehoster instead:

http://www.xup.in/dl,44386984/gate.zip/

if you want to, you can download it there and check it out. i wouldn't mind if you host it on your site. dunno if it's worth for reviewing. it's just a small deathmatch map.

thread is here:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/67455-q3dm1-a-re-interpretation-for-doom/


I tried it using a completely different ftp client with those exact settings and it worked fine. It IS case sensitive

Share this post


Link to post
C30N9 said:

Agree on most of the stuff you wrote on Bossed. I'm currently working on a sequel for it which is probably better, I hope. Did you play through the other maps?


Thanks for letting me review that, btw. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
cq75 said:

I'd like some feedback on hardweps, just two maps (MAP01, MAP02)

http://www.ifocserv.net/ftp/Random/HardWeps_r2.wad

vanilla doom 2 compatible but I recommend whatever engine you find most comfortable because these two maps are very hard, especially on UV.


First, if you're just looking for feedback, that's not what I do. 2nd, if you want them reviewed then I need a zip file with an included text file.

Share this post


Link to post
zzzornbringer said:

auth failed.

i recently created a map and wanted to upload it but it's not working. i used a 1-click filehoster instead:

http://www.xup.in/dl,44386984/gate.zip/

if you want to, you can download it there and check it out. i wouldn't mind if you host it on your site. dunno if it's worth for reviewing. it's just a small deathmatch map.

thread is here:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/67455-q3dm1-a-re-interpretation-for-doom/


I'll see if I can find someone who can do a proper review of a dm map. I don't really do dm but if someone who does wants to check it out with some friends and review it, i'll happily post it if it's worth it

Share this post


Link to post
Brad_tilf said:

First, if you're just looking for feedback, that's not what I do. 2nd, if you want them reviewed then I need a zip file with an included text file.


whoops, sorry. Didn't know you didn't review incomplete wads.

I'm not sure if I'm ready to release it as a standalone 2 map thing, I'm hoping to have a full 10 maps but I've been having a hard time finishing it out.

I really like what I have for MAP01 and to a certain extent MAP02 but it takes a lot of experimentation for me to keep up something that's still just as hard, but still being fair and having a good variety. I try to have a large variety of traps, also I'm pretty still pretty new to coop/single player mapping (I've done mostly DM/pvp mapping).

It'll be complete eventually, hopefully, I'll post again when it's done, sorry for the mixup.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now