Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

Music packs for wads with no music

Sometimes mappers just don't care and release their wads without new music. Then players like me have to make their own music packs because they just can't stand D_RUNNIN, etc. If you ever made something like this, post it here!

Here is mine:
armadmus - for Armadosia but covers only the first half of the wad (01-15 and 31).
tv1998mus4tns - for TV1998, all maps.

I think I may have mentioned this before once, but what I've always wanted is some way to add a shuffle feature to Doom - have a WAD full of music, and have it set to pick one at random.

Well, there is Jimmy's Jukebox for ZDoom at least, which does exactly that I believe. But pre-made music packs where the compiler actually puts some thought into choosing fitting midis are of more interest to me.

Memfis's textfile said:
all credit to the composers.

It'd be great if there was written who they are / where are the midis from. At least I would personally appreciate it, as these music packs are ideal to pick midis from, for use in one's own maps / wads. Not knowing the source doesn't mind if the purposes are just personal like your packs, and I'm not really complaining. I just say that if I had music packs like this with credited music to pick midis from, I'd find them very useful. I personally better credit things properly.

Again sorry, my intention is not to be a prick, but to say how I could use the midis from the pack if I knew credits.

armadmus credits are here: http://forums.zdaemon.org/viewtopic.php?p=268861#268861

TV1998mus4tns (lazy job)

titlepic - Vanguard titlepic
interpic - Pilotwings enter password music
map01 - that Darkseed map from NDCP2
map02 - Nada Personal by Soda Stereo, midi from Eviltech: Soul of Megawad
map03 - some NDCP2 map again
map04 - Chrono Trigger, Chrono Chross or something like that o,o
map05 - sx_1039.MID from The Incredible Machine: Even More Contraptions
map06 - some Master Cooperative map
map07 - darken2 map10
map08 - Disgaea main menu music
map09 - TNT map14
map10 - Raros peinados nuevos by Charly Garcia, from Eviltech again
map11 - somewhere from vgmusic, maybe there are credits in the midi file
map12 - chiggity.wad
map13 - Rei's theme from Neon Genesis Evangelion 
map14 - 2002ado e2m4
map15 - that chris3.mid (or 4 or 5, don't remember)
map16 - hr2final map28
map17 - song by Metallica, maybe One
map18 - Uac Ultra very last map (the small ship one), originally from Abuse maybe
map19 - e3m2 from animus.wad
map21 - Batman Doom map04
map22 - Industrial Revolution Overture by Jean Michel Jarre

Thanks a lot, good to know it at least this roughly. :)
I can possibly find out more info if I actually end up using some of the midis in a map, which might not happen at all. For now, I'm saving them all in a midi directory, along with this info.

I love the idea of having a thread for this. I've done this with a few wads--mostly ones that had their own soundtracks that I didn't feel quite lived up to the levels, like CC4, but I also did one for TVR!, which I think didn't have any sountrack. I don't currently have them as separate music .wads (I made custom copies of the main .wads instead), but I'll try to create some and post them here soon.

I can't remember if I bugged mtrop to make something like that in his "I'll program small utilities for you" thread. I'd also thought about asking andrewj about this for oblige. Direct it to a midi directory and it'll select a bunch of tracks at random and shuffle them inside the wad you generate so you get a fresh track (sort of) with every wad you generate.

Rock It! v2.5 Final
Rock It! Electronic Version
Brutal Mix Up

These aren't 100% vanilla/chocolate compatible because of file size of some songs due to using MIDI.

It's compatible enough; 1.666 has native support for MIDI, which can be up to 96KB. I don't know of many MIDIs that even approach that limit. Doom95 broke MIDI support - but I think Doom95 users are gluttons for punishment anyway.

Here's a music wad I put together 12 years ago. All songs are in mus format. Most are quieter pieces so I could hear distant doors and walls opening. Heavy metal hurts my head.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/342udx53ua8ef73/fav-mus.zip

Over the years I changed some of the songs for Doom2 and didn't keep my list updated. Somewhere between ZDoom 2.2.0.751 and ZDoom 2.2.0.784, ZDoom changed its support for Soundblaster Awe64 Gold. Most of the songs didn't loop anymore and gave a memory error when they tried to loop (the same thing happened with Strife map01 and Heretic e1m1). Some of the music didn't sound the same using Fmod. I stopped using it and now I use PSXDoom music.

Some are from Heretic, Hexen and Strife. One each from Memento Mori and Rise of the Triad. I recognize maps 09 and 17 (and maybe 18) as being from Elder Scrolls: Arena, and 20 from Blood. I think 27, 28 and 29 were from a game called Flashback. Maps 21, 31 and 32 are Jean-Michel Jarre pieces (32 is from EP4B.wad). Map 22 is from Lodreunner: The Legend Continues. Map 30 is from Badmood.wad. I don't know where D_E3M1 and D_INTROA are from.

Could also be a neat idea for suggestions- perhaps you know of a set of maps, megawad or a single map that could benefit from some music...but also what midi you feel would be suitable!

don't have a MIDI pack of it myself, but i find that some Doom remixes goes great alongside License to Spell Doom's level:

E4M1: Per Kristian's Donna to the Rescue remix
E4M2: Per Kristian's They're Going to Get You remix
E4M3: Per Kristian's Deep into the Code remix
E4M4: Sonic Clang's Suspense remix
E4M5: Sonic Clang's Demons on the Prey remix
E4M6: Per Kristian's Demons from Adrian's Pen remix
E4M7: Sonic Clang's On The Hunt remix
E4M8: Sonic Clang's Sign of Evil remix
E4M9: Neurotech's Untitled remix

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Here's a music wad I put together 12 years ago. All songs are in mus format. Most are quieter pieces so I could hear distant doors and walls opening. Heavy metal hurts my head.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/342udx53ua8ef73/fav-mus.zip

Over the years I changed some of the songs for Doom2 and didn't keep my list updated. Somewhere between ZDoom 2.2.0.751 and ZDoom 2.2.0.784, ZDoom changed its support for Soundblaster Awe64 Gold. Most of the songs didn't loop anymore and gave a memory error when they tried to loop (the same thing happened with Strife map01 and Heretic e1m1). Some of the music didn't sound the same using Fmod. I stopped using it and now I use PSXDoom music.

Some are from Heretic, Hexen and Strife. One each from Memento Mori and Rise of the Triad. I recognize maps 09 and 17 (and maybe 18) as being from Elder Scrolls: Arena, and 20 from Blood. I think 27, 28 and 29 were from a game called Flashback. Maps 21, 31 and 32 are Jean-Michel Jarre pieces (32 is from EP4B.wad). Map 22 is from Lodreunner: The Legend Continues. Map 30 is from Badmood.wad. I don't know where D_E3M1 and D_INTROA are from.

MAP09 (E1M9/IN_CIT): definitely not from Arena or any other Elder Scrolls game I have ever played. MAP20 (MESSAG) sounds kinda similar to CBLOOD4 or CBLOOD9 (it's the bells), but it's definitely from TNT. I also can't place any song from ROTT.

E1M1, RUNNIN: Strife (TAVERN)
E1M2, STALKS: Hexen (SWAMP)
E1M3, COUNTD: Strife (FMSTL)
E1M4, BETWEE: Hexen (HALL)
E1M5, DOOM: Nine Inch Nails, "Something I can never have"
E1M6, THE_DA:
E1M7, SHAWN:
E1M8, DDTBLU: Hexen (CRYPT)
E1M9, IN_CIT:
E2M1, DEAD: TNT: Evilution (Blood Jungle)
E2M2, STLKS2: TNT: Evilution (More)
E2M3, THEDA2: Heretic (E1M9)
E2M4, DOOM2:
E2M5, DDTBL2: Hexen (CHAP_3R)
E2M6, RUNNI2:
E2M7, DEAD2: Hexen (WUTZIT)
E2M8, SHAWN2: Memento Mori (Night Bats)
E2M9, STLKS3: TES: Arena (SNOWING) (sped up quite a bit, though)
E3M1:
E3M2, DDTBL3:
E3M3, AMPIE:
E3M4, THEDA3: TNT (Legion of the Lost)
E3M5, ADRIAN: Blood (CBLOOD5)
E3M6, MESSG2:
E3M7, ULTIMA:
E3M8, OPENIN:
E3M9, EVIL:
INTER, DM2INT: Ultima VII (31)
INTRO, DM2TTL:
VICTOR, READ_M:
INTROA:
BUNNY, ROMERO: TES: Daggerfall (23)
MESSAG: TNT (Agony Rhapsody)
COUNT2:
ROMER2:
TENSE:
SHAWN3:

E3M3 is definitely RotT ("ROTT_017.MID", or "Havana Smooth"). E3M6 is Blood, too ("Sound010.mid" in whatever my rip is from, although it's "CBLOOD1.MID" internally). Can't really help with the rest.