• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

[Music] 30in30 1-4

Jimmy said:

Thanks!

I would definitely be behind that idea, too, heh. <:D

If you decide to boot this little project up, please PM me, I'd love to take part.

An idea to potentially make it more interesting: publish a start date/time, let people know how long they would have available and get people to 'opt in'.

When the start date arrives, they're then assigned a song - that way they have no idea what kind of map they're going to make until the start. It's a bit like a doomworld ludum dare, heh.

Yeah it's a cool idea, however I don't think that 30 minutes would be enough to build a map to really fit these midis. I can absolutely draw out a decent layout in 30 minutes though, heh.

(I'm not very fast)

Dragonfly said:

An idea to potentially make it more interesting: publish a start date/time, let people know how long they would have available and get people to 'opt in'.

When the start date arrives, they're then assigned a song - that way they have no idea what kind of map they're going to make until the start. It's a bit like a doomworld ludum dare, heh.

This is exactly how the monthly "Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions" on Doomworld work (date and general rules announced in Wads&Mods 3 weeks before the event, specific rules announced at the moment when the event starts), only with "mapping themes" instead of assigned songs.

AD_79 said:

Yeah it's a cool idea, however I don't think that 30 minutes would be enough to build a map to really fit these midis. I can absolutely draw out a decent layout in 30 minutes though, heh.

(I'm not very fast)

I don't think there should be such a short time period, personally.
A weekend (72 hours) should be suitable enough to produce 'quality' speed maps based on the average mappers' speed.

scifista42 said:

This is exactly how the monthly "Abyssal Speedmapping Sessions" on Doomworld work (date and general rules announced in Wads&Mods 3 weeks before the event, specific rules announced at the moment when the event starts), only with "mapping themes" instead of assigned songs.

Sounds like great fun! I'll have to look into this at some point.

Dragonfly said:

If you decide to boot this little project up, please PM me, I'd love to take part.

I'm afraid I have a bit too much to do right now, things are gonna be a bit hectic for me for the next couple months or so. I also kind of feel it would be improper for me to start a project that has people working around my own stuff. I'd still love for such a thing to happen, though - so by all means, someone start it off if they'd like it to happen. :)

Jimmy said:

I'd still love for such a thing to happen, though - so by all means, someone start it off if they'd like it to happen. :)

I'm down for hosting this. I've got a project I want to finally release that's been in on and off development for 5-7 years or so, (I've lost count) which is very close to completion. Once that project is out the way I'll probably get on this one assuming I remember!

Bit of a crosspost here since this one had its own thread in the Creative Works subforum, which I updated on a weekly basis with every new set of MIDIs.

But the fourth one is here! For those not in the know, this worked a bit differently, with the MIDIs being done on a one-per-day schedule. Was a fairly exhausting challenge, but rewarding. I sincerely hope you like the new MIDIs.

First post updated with track listing and download link.

Get it here on BandCamp! Once again the MIDIs come with the download!

Cool :D I believe things taper a bit just before and just after the middle, as I did struggle creatively on more than one occasion, heh. Pouring stuff onto the page even if you don't like what it's creating is probably the hardest kind of artistic work of all.