Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sincity2100

Good Morning Phobos Final Version on Idgames "Link Update"

Good Morning Phobos

GMP%20Poster%20copy.jpg

Here's the final version https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/gmp at long last.

You can post your review here , it works better since you can rate and cretique in this one.

Screenshot_Doom_20170203_142754.png
Screenshot_Doom_20170203_142853.png
Screenshot_Doom_20170203_143441.png
Screenshot_Doom_20170203_143553.png
Screenshot_Doom_20170203_143847.png
Screenshot_Doom_20170203_144907.png
Screenshot_Doom_20170203_144928.png

Maps:
Map01 Unresolved Business
Map02 Silver Labs
Map03 Waterworks (3/4 by Hoodie , 1/4 by Me)
Map04 Power Control 2105
Map05 Poison Island
Map06 Polluted Playground
Map07 Water Canal
Map08 Cooldown
Map09 Ancient Evil
Map10 Beautiful Disaster
Map11 Spider Factory

Map12 Night Thieves
Map13 Rusty Station
Map14 Base XUZ
Map15 Dead Zone II
Map16 Hunter's Moon
Map17 Paradox Base
Map18 Deletion
Map19 Midnight Express
Map20 Three Ways to Hell

Map21 Brave New NME
Map22 Blackout
Map23 The Cursed Assylum
Map24 Skyfall
Map25 Brimstone Warehouse (by Impboy4)
Map26 Knee Deap in Red
Map27 Molten Genocide
Map28 Purgatory Fortress
Map29 Hybrid Excalibur
Map30 Destroyer

Secret Maps:

Map31 Paradise
Map32 Divided Turmoil

Map33 Skulls Facility

Edited by sincity2100

You have such a cool style with good usage of the CC4 texture pack and pleasant open areas. I recommend to try to finish this thing by yourself so that you can get a nice and consistent wad. I think that would be much better than a random community project with many different styles. And always remember that a wad doesn't need to have exactly 32 maps to be great!

In my opinion you are talented enough to make an awesome wad by yourself.

Memfis said:

You have such a cool style with good usage of the CC4 texture pack and pleasant open areas. I recommend to try to finish this thing by yourself so that you can get a nice and consistent wad. I think that would be much better than a random community project with many different styles. And always remember that a wad doesn't need to have exactly 32 maps to be great!

In my opinion you are talented enough to make an awesome wad by yourself.

Yeah I guess,but I don't want to be repetitive,also I wan't different mappers to be there so the game doesn't become stale.

even if no one will submit maps to the project I'll still gonna finish it myself.

Glad to see this revived somewhat, but truth be told I'm not that motivated towards mapping anymore. If you want to keep my map in the project and tune it up or whatever, feel free. Consider it yours. That being said, don't feel obligated to rework my map so it can stay in the project.

Sorry to duck out like this, but I really hope you can finish this thing, as your maps are quite fantastic!

paymentplan said:

Glad to see this revived somewhat, but truth be told I'm not that motivated towards mapping anymore. If you want to keep my map in the project and tune it up or whatever, feel free. Consider it yours. That being said, don't feel obligated to rework my map so it can stay in the project.

Sorry to duck out like this, but I really hope you can finish this thing, as your maps are quite fantastic!

I'll propably keep your map,maybe use it to feature your name or something.

EffinghamHuffnagel said:

Hadn't you posted another map? Paradox Night? So you're dropping it?

No,I forgot to put it in the slot,I'll put it when I have time.

sincity2100 said:

Here's a new map for the project http://www.mediafire.com/download/mtmovc44qws7o16/Base+XUZ.wad it's called Base XUZ

Feedback plz

FDA. Mixed feelings. Looks pretty great - but the ever-present symmetry is nothing but cheap, also too many rooms were simple rectangles. Similarly in gameplay, it's enjoyable (even if predictable) for most of the time - but damn the door fights, they're uninspired and happen pretty frequently, the worst ones happen when going back through red door, and at the thin door behind yellow door. Camping or running away is too easy in most situations. For example the red computer room that unlocks red keycard, it would be much more exciting battle if the played was locked there for 30 seconds or something like that, not letting him escape. The very final large-scale battle was also nothing but a cheap spam. And then there was a stuck Mastermind. Remember to give him enough space to walk, not just to stand, otherwise he always gets stuck - he also makes 12-unit steps, as opposed to most other monsters who make 8-unit steps. Another thing, in the start room, I've noticed that the big blocking window glitched when viewed from above. It can be easily fixed using Boom's action "242 : Create Fake Ceiling and Floor", much better than vanilla's missing texture trickery.

The map gave me an overally good impression, though. Very TNT-style, impressive and very clean, even more clean than your other maps were. Keep it up! Just consider improving what I've told you.

scifista42 said:

FDA. The very final large-scale battle was also nothing but a cheap spam. And then there was a stuck Mastermind. Remember to give him enough space to walk, not just to stand, otherwise he always gets stuck.

Actually if you play this on UV the spider mastermind will teleport right infront of you,so he'll have a freedom to walk around.

sincity2100 said:

Actually if you play this on UV the spider mastermind will teleport right infront of you,so he'll have a freedom to walk around.

I've played on UV, in PrBoom-plus -complevel 9.

sincity2100 said:

Map 32, Get the TNT textures with you on this one because it's gonna be a mixture of TNT Evilution+Plutonia map

Mind if I?...

Hoodie said:

Should I make the maps in Doom2 style?

You can make it in any style you want,but don't make your maps too small,okay.

sincity2100 said:

Off Course,welcome :)

Sure thing, I'll get down to by immediate priority.

Hi Guys,I'm back again with an entirely different map called Ancient Evil

This map is an incarnation of Tom Mustaine's Perdition Gate maps,here are some screencaps of this map:

Looks pretty good, but I think that all of the areas really need improved lighting and more contrast. Anyway, I like the design. :)

Really like the screenshots sincity, though scifista is correct. They would benefit from some light variation and a texture here or there that's not brown (the water in shots three, four and five fit this criteria).