Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joe-ilya

License to Ilya (On IDgames)

Cell said:

Thanks, now which one is that "Bad Religion song"? Because it was the latter I heard and I find it immeasurably cool, even though I've already experienced disappointment listening to midi music's 'real' counterpart.

The song's called "Punk rock song".

Joe-ilya, maybe you would put a link to Doom 0 to the OP list of your wads to take as a base, because that one wasn't uploaded to /idgames and therefore doesn't show up when searching there.

scifista42 said:

Joe-ilya, maybe you would put a link to Doom 0 to the OP list of your wads to take as a base, because that one wasn't uploaded to /idgames and therefore doesn't show up when searching there.

Totally forgot, thanks!
EDIT:Why don't you do something for this?

scifista42 said:

So why not?

While I mostly agree with you I don't think it's applicable that much for this project. It's not a serious one so lifting port restriction might attract more mappers therefore making it more popular and easily accessible.

xnv said:

It's not a serious one so lifting port restriction might attract more mappers therefore making it more popular and easily accessible.

It's actually the other way around.

@Voltcom9 Cool.

joe-ilya said:

EDIT:Why don't you do something for this?

Because I don't feel like it. At least not right now. I have nothing against out of principle, though.

joe-ilya said:

The song's called "Punk rock song".

Speaking of midi, I will be removing the present midi in Map12. It's.. just awful, I'm going to add something more fitting.

Awesome! I can see vast improvements and detailing and making the level more comfortable.
What's that mush on the right?

Uh no it's not awesome. It's just tons of unnecessary details. The original id levels are simple and clean and feel nice to play (ditto with early stuff like Memento Mori and Icarus). People don't really know how to map anymore, they just pile on details to make up for... something. But it ends up looking artificial and forced.

It isn't supposed to look clean, because that's how my map is.
But I don't just see more detail, I see more space and more comfortable mechanics.
And besides, that's the new standard, two decades passed, almost no-one really cares for what was done and the standard from the 90's.

esselfortium said:

I would rather see a project where joe-ilya remakes other peoples' maps.

Memfis said:

ahahahaha
is this a threat? :D

I don't think so.

joe-ilya said:

almost no-one really cares for what was done and the standard from the 90's.

I do. After getting back into mapping I've been trying to emulate the simple abstract design of Doom II. I can get where hex11 is coming from. Maps in recent memory I don't care for have rooms with 50 sectors within sectors in order to give the illusion of detail.

Joe please, PLEASE remake BTSX E1M19 and E2M20 for us.

I suppose it depends on the rules. Does Joe get to re-work the existing maps, or does he have to make a new map using the originals as a guide? Further, does he have to stay within 'nilla limits, or can he say "Fuck dat"?

E2M20 is ginormous, roughly half the size of Kansas. It would keep poor Joe busy for a good 6 months or so.

Eris Falling said:

It's hard to tell when people are being sarcastic on the internet. I hope they are now.

No! I legit want Ilya remakes of my maps.

esselfortium said:

Actually yes! Yes I do!

Tarnsman said:

No! I legit want Ilya remakes of my maps.

Alright, now I really want to see BTSX the Way Joe-Ilya Would've

dobu gabu maru said:

Alright, now I really want to see BTSX the Way Joe-Ilya Would've

Joeking Says No Hidden Cocks