Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joe-ilya

Consumed earth: 7 map community project(on IDgames!)

Will you join?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Will you join?

• Yes
    • No

Superluigieth1 said:

I've got a question... Is MAP10 the only City level?

No. My level (Hell's kitchen) takes place in a small city like area.

For the best interests of moving this project on, I am withdrawing from this project as I simply don't have any free time at the moment due to moving home. Apologies to Joe for not replying to his email,I have also been away on holiday for the last two weeks.
Best of luck to all those on this project.

I might be biting off more than I can chew (in other words I'm taking part in too many projects), but I'll fill in for map 05. And I would also like to replace map 07 with a different level.

Actually, instead of replacing map 07, I'll just edit the current version. I'll work on map 08, as well as the previously mentioned map 05.

For the music I've picked;

D_DDTBLU - for map 05.

map 07 will now have D_DOOM instead of D_ROMERO.

and map 08 will have D_IN_CIT.

joe-ilya said:

Any progress, did you at least make a prototype? Never knew getting 3 more maps is such a lengthy painful experience.

I only have the beginning of maps 05 and 08 but it's on a different computer. I might have to re start the though. The process is taking so long because I have other wads to commit to, and those maps are taking forever, coupled with RL which is already stressful.

Look, I'll work on map 05 asap, and since I don't have time joe you can edit map 07 if you wish.

Joe unfortunately I'm gonna have to forfeit from doing the other two maps. I had a bad technical mishap a couple days ago and I lost a bit of work including the map I was working on for this. Also with my tight schedule I'm gonna have to stick with the other wads that I'm contributing for.

That's it! I'm setting the deadline to be october 15th, I don't wanna wait more just to get three medium sized maps.

Kudos on getting your map set out there!

I'll say for me on HMP, I felt a bit underequipped. If it's going for a Doom 2 style, I think more stuff given to me would be cool. And level 3 for example had almost no health in it that I found. And placement of health could be a bit better, level 4 had none at the beginning (so I releoaded a lot with my 5 health), then in the second half of the map there's tons of health.

And in level 2, felt like the close quarters Archviles when I didn't have a super shotgun yet were a bit odd. I would've put a little more cannon fodder in the first two levels as well to chaingun down, to make them feel less sparse.

Still, some cool stuff, well done mapping. I'm not sure if this was going for a retro id vibe, it didn't really feel like it played that way. I played the first four levels and jumped around in the last few for this post, but I'll give the rest a proper play sometime.

Definitely cool stuff in the levels though, I liked the use of teleporting and jumps and whatnot. And level 7 has a very cool layout.