Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrol1985

Brutal Doom v20 released

Sgt Mark what are your concerns over things getting stuck with the shotgun strap?

What if I get it stuck on a candlestick and knock it over and set things in hell on fire? The demons are going to take legal action against doomguy.

SlashBane said:

Sgt Mark what are your concerns over things getting stuck with the shotgun strap?

What if I get it stuck on a candlestick and knock it over and set things in hell on fire? The demons are going to take legal action against doomguy.

Before he releases v 2.0, maybe he can make it that you're able to use the candlestick as a weapon. You can either bludgeon your foes to death, or light them on fire. The secondary attack is ramming it up the monsters butt.

Piper Maru said:

Before he releases v 2.0, maybe he can make it that you're able to use the candlestick as a weapon. You can either bludgeon your foes to death, or light them on fire. The secondary attack is ramming it up the monsters butt.

That sounds a little too HDoom-like to me.

SlashBane said:

That sounds a little too HDoom-like to me.

Just imagine a shotgunner hopping around in his pain state with a candlestick jammed up his rear? He can even make that loud, obnoxious scream that plays every time you blow their limbs off.

AAHGAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

Do you ever plan on changing the length of the screams for decapitated imps/soldiers Mark? Have to agree with some of the other posters in the thread that this the most annoying part of BD.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I'll be honest, it looks like more of the same shit all over again and I'm going to refrain from bothering until Mark stops fooling himself into thinking the mod is balanced for anything except maps made specifically for BD

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Jaxxoon R said:

Of course it's the same shit all over again it's the exact same mod.

OP's tone implied the mod had changed significantly.

Fisk said:

OP's tone implied the mod had changed significantly.

it has!

Now you can dual wield weapons

You people are acting like you're paying for it. Like it's mandatory to pay attention to it. I for one love BD whenever I want to slaughter things. Modern day FPSs don't seem to have the level of satisfaction that both Doom and Brutal Doom have.

You guys are acting like a bunch of children over a 20-year-old game. Grow some fucking balls. So what if he claimed that his maps are better than the IWADs? It's kinda true, in a sense, seeing as they are 20 years old.

Elaxter said:

So what if he claimed that his maps are better than the IWADs? It's kinda true, in a sense, seeing as they are 20 years old.

You didn't pick a good argument to support your opinion, because old != worse in its essence, not at all.

That said, if Sgt Mark IV feels like advertising his mod this way - as he said, the statement was aimed to people who literally didn't know that custom maps existed - then, as I see it, it's OK in principle (not judging whether the quality is actually better or not), even if it sounds "daring". People who are able to form their own opinions about wad quality will form their own opinions anyway.

I never hated Brutal Doom. But I did always prefer Complex Doom. With that said, the only problem that stands out to me in the trailer is the shotgun sack. The shotgun in Brutal Doom is a weapon I preferred to use, but this...
I'm sorry but I can't bare to look at it. It looks ugly and annoying. I'll just wait until Mark releases Brutal Doom v2.1 and hope he decides to remove the stupid and ugly shotgun testicle.

I'm personally excited for BD

I will have a special midnight stream during that day.

Wait, it's releasing at midnight isn't it?

KevinHEZ said:

Brutal Doom v20: Big Balls - Over the Top Dooming

Still waiting for genitals on the BoH and mancubi with chubbies.

https://youtu.be/Z7v9mi_sjoY

Newest reveal: In an extremely baffling decision, weapon shots can now travel through 24 pixel-wide walls and doors.

Which, if you're not aware, is the size of most walls and doors in Doom levels. Retracting blast doors.

Why even.

A toggleable ballsack. So basically, you can get it fixed if it starts spraying.

Oh, and I forgot to mention: explosions can go through walls now, too. Because that makes sense and isn't broken.

Shooting through walls/doors doesn't sound like a very good idea, seems too un-Doomlike.

I'm pretty sure that shooting through walls is also toggleable as well just like the shotgun scrotum. That would definitely break the gameplay of some maps.

I really like brutal doom. I feel there are some very innovative ideas in there but I agree, some of it's content breaks maps. I'm sure that might be remedied over time, of course. ;-)

Here's to hoping v 3.0 has motor-cycle cyber demons in it! B-)

That's very curious actually. There probably should be some kind of texture limitation that the modder should use, because as Jaxxoon R said, those are blast doors!

edit: Man, people don't even know what final doom is in the YT comments. :P

Jaxxoon R said:

Newest reveal: In an extremely baffling decision, weapon shots can now travel through 24 pixel-wide walls and doors.

Which, if you're not aware, is the size of most walls and doors in Doom levels. Retracting blast doors.

Why even.

To put this in perspective, 1 horizontal pixel in Doom is about 1 inch. That makes a 24-pixel-thick blast door equal 2 feet of solid metal, which is about the maximum penetration of depleted uranium projectiles fired by tanks. A conventional missile will barely even make a dent in such a structure.

An 8-pixel-thick door is thin enough to conceivably be a conventional door capable of being penetrated with conventional weapons, but the 16, 24, and 32-pixel-thick varieties can't possibly be anything other than blast doors. You don't make a door several feet thick for any other reason.

Jaxxoon R said:

Why even.

Yay, because Brutal Doom was not already an unbalanced amalgamation of random features taken from modern games. Needs to be even more unbalanced and random!

I wonder if id will make Doom 4 like Brutal Doom. I'm sure they are aware of the mod's popularity.