Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gardevoir

The Ultimate Doom II : Doom II levels reimagined

It would be so cool if this project finishes right before or after Andrew Hulshult finishes his Doom II soundtrack remake. I like his remakes the most, and new upgraded badass versions of the Doom II maps need a matching soundtrack.

Ahh, life's been tough on me lately, but I finally got some more progress done on this project! While no new maps were finished since last time, here's some screenshots so people know I'm still being a lazy twat.

Spoiler

Map15

Spoiler

Map16

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I disliked a majority of what I saw and I think the title is a bit misleading (there are no actual new maps planned from what I can tell) but don't let that stop you, keep doing your thing

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Gardevoir said:

You have a valid opinion so I'm going to ignore you

gg

Fisk said:

I made an asshole post just to be an asshole and offer no feedback

gg

As usual Gardevoir, the maps are quite expansive and shaping up nicely.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
alterworldruler said:

gg

As usual Gardevoir, the maps are quite expansive and shaping up nicely.

This is what I get for legitimately trying to be honest and positive.

I truly fucking hate this community sometimes.

Fisk said:

This is what I get for legitimately trying to be honest and positive.

I truly fucking hate this community sometimes.

At least next time you could kindly say why did you dislike what you saw because just saying you dislike something and not go into specifics makes you look like an ass EOT.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
alterworldruler said:

At least next time you could kindly say why did you dislike what you saw because just saying you dislike something and not go into specifics makes you look like an ass EOT.

I dislike the majority of the mod largely regarding visual design, of which there is no point actually debating at this point when there has already been a huge amount of effort invested in completing 18 levels. Any constructive criticism I could offer is ultimately moot, because I do not think Gardevoir is willing to scrap the majority of his designs and refactor them to appease one person who dislikes them. Disregarding that, any time I have actually given constructive feedback and legitimately not been an asshole, I have been informed I am a "faggot", "flamer", "perfectionist cunt", "troll", and a variety of other colorful language.

Conversely, when I tell someone "Hey, I didn't like it, but don't quit, keep doing your thing man", I am singled out and ignored. What the fuck do you people want from me?

You could actually provide some kind of feedback next time you post. I don't know who you are but coming around and just saying 'hey this looks bad but keep working on this' sounds as if you either came here to trigger the author and you didn't even look at the wad itself, or that you're a troll that does that everywhere. At least now you said that you dislike the visual design of all levels. You don't have to be a fan of stock doom textures and old school looking levels without too much detail which I can fully understand, but if it's just a matter of preferences, why not just keep that opinion to yourself? I won't prevent you from posting anything but such bland type of commentaries makes you end up looking rude as hell.

Just some suggestions for new names (your title is way too generic) :
- Super (Duper) Doom II
- Ultra Doom II
- Extended Doom II
- Doom II : Remade (Remake)
- RE : Doom II
- Nine Inch Doom II
- Doom II : Hell on Boom (refrence to KDIZD)

Now the factory looks like factory, with those extra buildings outside and other stuff!

joe-ilya said:

- Doom II : Hell on Boom

I like this name.

I think by saying you don't like it and not to stop put the idea of stopping in the mappers and it's fans heads, and you could have communicated the message you were trying to deliver far better by not posting at all.

The argument is that if you took the time to post, it would have been nicer (positive) to contribute some constructive criticism than to confirm that there is at least one person who isn't interested in playing.

Hmm, those are some nice ideas Joe. It's still not likely I'll change the title but eh, might just reconsider it before the final release. I really like Hell on Boom, might think about something close to this.

Fisk said:

I dislike the majority of the mod largely regarding visual design, of which there is no point actually debating at this point when there has already been a huge amount of effort invested in completing 18 levels. Any constructive criticism I could offer is ultimately moot, because I do not think Gardevoir is willing to scrap the majority of his designs and refactor them to appease one person who dislikes them. Disregarding that, any time I have actually given constructive feedback and legitimately not been an asshole, I have been informed I am a "faggot", "flamer", "perfectionist cunt", "troll", and a variety of other colorful language.

Conversely, when I tell someone "Hey, I didn't like it, but don't quit, keep doing your thing man", I am singled out and ignored. What the fuck do you people want from me?

Fisk said:

I have been informed I am a "faggot", "flamer", "perfectionist cunt", "troll", and a variety of other colorful language.

Do you confirm or deny any of the following accusations?

Nevander said:

There's nothing wrong with the title. The maps look great. Ignore the haters.

I mean there's always room for improvement, right? The title in my opinion is alright. I feel like there are other appropriate names for it, but Ultimate Doom II is good enough honestly.

Fisk said:

I dislike the majority of the mod largely regarding visual design

At that point you should ask yourself, "Is the direction of this mod is to my taste or not?" If the answer is 'no', then just move on; not every mod is going to cater to your taste. There are several other mods I dislike from a visual standpoint but I don't go into threads making post that I don't like the visual design of a mod. It'd be a different story if the mod doesn't have a consistent theme, but if it does then there isn't much you or I can offer.

Sgt Ender said:

So is this near completion or? It looks great!

There are 18 out of 32 maps complete at the moment and next two are nearly done. I'd say this mappack will be completed before the middle of 2017 (most likely even earlier) if all guest mappers will submit their maps and if university won't push me too much.

Map16 is complete... but what happened to Map15, you may ask? Well... it's kinda on hold for now as it's been giving me a lot of trouble when figuring how to recreate certain areas and I just didn't have much strength left to finish it. But do not worry, I'll try to get back on it as soon as I can. Before that happens though, I'll focus on polishing few maps that's been finished so far.

Spoiler

[DOWNLOAD]

I'm not going to change the title of the wad, so I'll at least add a subtitle in the topic's name. \o/

I was busy with some other projects and generally had no time for mapping recently, but do not worry, next level is nearly complete. I was mainly focusing on rebalancing maps that are currently in before I want to put a new version up. Expect an update this or next month.

On 10/12/2016 at 9:31 AM, joe-ilya said:

Just some suggestions for new names (your title is way too generic) :
- Super (Duper) Doom II
- Ultra Doom II
- Extended Doom II
- Doom II : Remade (Remake)
- RE : Doom II
- Nine Inch Doom II
- Doom II : Hell on Boom (refrence to KDIZD)

How about Doom II Redux?

1 hour ago, Tracer said:

How about Doom II Redux?

Except Doom II redux is already taken (however their remake is nowhere near as thick as this guys)

2 hours ago, StalkerZHS said:

Except Doom II redux is already taken (however their remake is nowhere near as thick as this guys)

Well I thought it was okay.  

I'll have to check this one out.  But when you say "thick", I have to admit I am not certain what you mean by it.