Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Abyssal Speedmapping Session 23 - Released and on /idgames.

I've been doing so, but unfortunately I now have very little time to do that just at the moment, someone else should probably handle it.

I had some power problems during the playthrough so I only managed to watch the video of this map just now.

There was some confusion over the use of Any key markers at the switches (not locked) so I replaced them with FIREBLU.

Imps On Plinths

Oh shit I lied

Downtrode to beta 3!

I think I got every update. I've also put in an M_DOOM, a TITLEPIC, a CREDIT pic, two M_SKULLs, and I've replaced the MAP01 midi with Obsidian's permission.

Maps need testing by the public for now - a proper map order needs to be decided, preferably one based on overall map difficulty, and a text file needs to be written up crediting everyone who has something in this, whether it's a map or a texture or a midi.

MERRY SPOOKMAS

Downtoad to beta 4

Changes include:

• Improved titlepic and credit pic.
  • Added inverted D_DM2TTL. It's just a little bit unsettlingly different now. >:)
  • Fixed the red skull key pickup message not being different in Boom.
  • jmickle's map, and Obsidian's GREEN map had to have their names respelt for the automap to fit PrBoom+'s character limit.
  • Demon fruits (Keen replacements) now appear fullbright until killed. Also updated them visually a bit. (Using Xaser's hanging mancublob sprites for material.)
  • Added Vader's headless zombie and winged baron (from rebirth1.wad), and Lexus Alyus's cacolantern, as sprite replacements.
  • Bathed In Placenta's track is now a MIDI version of the song, since the MUS version wasn't playing in PrBoom+.
Based on a somewhat arbitrary difficulty curve, the map order is now:
MAP01: BRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWNNNNNN (Obsidian)
MAP02: Invasion of the Mechatech Space Monster (jmickle66666666)
MAP03: Das Kabinet der Dr. Confalonieri (walter confalonieri)
MAP04: Eyes to See You (Jimmy)
MAP05: Bathed in Placenta (rf`)
MAP06: Anticipation of the Agitation (Pinchy)
MAP07: John Suitepee Visits the Bone Zone (Breezeep)
MAP08: Vodou (AD_79)
MAP09: Really Cool Tek Base!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Jaws in Space)
MAP10: Bumpadumpadum (Gifty)
MAP11: Pumpkin Spice Quest (Jimmy)
MAP12: GGGGGRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNN (Obsidian)
MAP13: Imps on Plinths (Pinchy)
MAP14: Agitation Station (AD_79)
MAP15: The Tale of Sir This Map Is Poor (Osiris)
MAP16: "What" x Infinity (TheMionicDonut)
MAP31: Never More Dead (scifista42)
I have made some changes to some folks' maps in this:
  • Pinchy's "Imps on Plinths" - moved two fireblu markers to rescue some stuck cacos
  • Jaws in Space's "Really Cool Tek Base" - set the sector behind a secret wall to a darker light level to prevent obvious texture bleeding
  • Osiris's "The Tale of Sir This Map Is Poor" - rescued a stuck mancubus, fixed some untextured raising pillars, removed inescapable pit, retextured some obvious STARTAN2.

I don't think it does, but in this instance the cacos may have been shifted to on top of the fireblu markers, so they didn't get stuck between them and the door.

Downcroak to beta 5

Changes:

• Changed the Keens to the mancubus fleshsacs from Zen Dynamics (Xaser's sprite edit).
  • Added BOSSBACK.
  • Fixed cluster values in MAPINFO.
Further changes to the maps have been made:
  • rf`'s "Bathed in Placenta" - changed the sky texture, which, yes, didn't show properly in PrBoom+
  • Breezeep's "John Suitepee Visits the Bone Zone" - changed the ceiling flat of sector 31 from FLAT1_1
  • Obsidian's "GRRREEEEENNNN" - changed the tag of sector 97 to 0, this looked incorrect when a lift was used.
Still should probably add co-op starts. In the absence of any feedback, I'll be uploading this to /idgames once that's done.

I get it all the time in my chat where people think content can't be beaten or to reduce the difficulty level scifista. You'll be trying something for literally a few minutes and people start spouting about the difficulty level etc. Huge pet peeve for me.

I cant access your stream of ASS23 for some reason. Will just take word.

I am free from the shackles of uni so I'm just about to upload this to /idgames.

Release Candidate 1

Changes:

• Added coop starts to all maps needing them
  • Added spooky shotgunner/chaingunner sprites
  • Obsidian's "BRRRROOOWWWWNNN" - fixed some errant startan1
  • AD_79's "Vodou" - added some medikits, and a soulsphere in the east area to make it less likely to fuck yourself up
  • Obsidian's "GGGRRREEEENNNNN" - changed a BSTONE texture to the corpse-filled one because it was a solid wall
Might still need someone to verify that the txt file is all okay! Voice all concerns within an hour of this post before it goes up.

The music from my map came from Heroes 2, but i'm not sure it was D_RUNNIN.

If i recall correctly, it wasn't a bland rendition of "Symphony of destruction" by Megadeth? But i'm not sure, i need to check it out...

EDIT: Eh, nevermind, I remembered the source track i used bad!

Anyway, over that i don't found any problems in text

This is sitting in /incoming now. I wanna extend a thank you to everyone who participated and helped make a really strong set of maps right here. Let's do it all again this month! :D